warning lights flashing coil and engine mangement; plus a few other codes

Owain

T6 Pro
Hi,

Just returned from Devon with Van; normally does short trips; and current once back and forward to work 16miles.

Whilst in Devon I noticed an engine cut out once; and coil warning light.
Returning from Devon I have flashing coil warning and engine management warning on.

Did VDCS scan; this shows a load of faults (probably flat battery at some point); but some are valid.

Have fixed....

15898 - Fuel Temp. Sensor A (G81)
P0183 00 [172] - Open or Short to Plus

This looked as if sensor wire had rubbed on a hose and worn through. So soldered/fixed wire.

But log showed other codes. I attach the log here.

I then cleared codes and took for a drive; still get flashing coil and engine management light.

Read codes again. This now only shows one engine fault code.

1 Fault Found:
23902 - Diesel Particle Filter
P2463 00 [175] - Excessive Soot Accumulation
MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

So I tried to force a regen via VCDS (Regen whilst driving) as described elsewhere in this forum.

I now still see the P2463 code and the two warning lights.
Should i try and clear the codes again; what will make the warning lights go off (fix the problem).

I attach the original return from Devon VCDS trace and the after clear codes trace.

Any ideas what I should try next?

Attachments

• Log-WV1ZZZ7HZJH079289-34120km-21201mi.txt
    10 KB · Views: 25
Hi,

Just returned from Devon with Van; normally does short trips; and current once back and forward to work 16miles.

Returning from Devon I have flashing coil warning and engine management warning on.

Did VDCS scan; this shows a load of faults (probably flat battery at some point); but some are valid.

Have fixed....

This looked as if sensor wire had rubbed on a hose and worn through. So soldered/fixed wire.

I then cleared codes and took for a drive; still get flashing coil and engine management light.

1 Fault Found:

So I tried to force a regen via VCDS (Regen whilst driving) as described elsewhere in this forum.

Should i try and clear the codes again; what will make the warning lights go off (fix the problem).

I attach the original return from Devon VCDS trace and the after clear codes trace.

Attachments

• Log-ReturnDevon180821_WV1ZZZ7HZJH079289-34110km-21194mi.txt
    15.7 KB · Views: 9
Triggered regen particle filter whilst driving again; went for long run monitoring differential pressure across filter, and temperatures.
Start of run showed 10g in filter; approx -5g at end. Before run 13mBar diff pressure; at end of run 0mBar.

Whats -5grams; offsets/st point wrong. Whats procedure to reset that; surely only done when a new filter is installed?

Got up to to good temperature of 600 degrees.

Flashing coil light out; and let me reset engine fault light.
Hopefully still all good tomorrow.

Did you get this sorted?

My advice is do not ignore flashing coil light warning.

This is an EGR fault. If your van is under warranty get it booked in and sorted. If your van is not under warranty but has VW service history the dealership may be able to get a goodwill repair form the factory. The valve in the EGR is either stuck open or stuck trying to shut. You may notice a juddering from the engine.

Don’t ignore it he sooner you get it to VW the sooner it can be fixed if you need to pay just the EGR is around £1400 quid for the 150 kw engine

Did you get this sorted?

My advice is do not ignore flashing coil light warning.

This is an EGR fault. If your van is under warranty get it booked in and sorted. If your van is not under warranty but has VW service history the dealership may be able to get a goodwill repair form the factory. The valve in the EGR is either stuck open or stuck trying to shut. You may notice a juddering from the engine.

Don’t ignore it he sooner you get it to VW the sooner it can be fixed if you need to pay just the EGR is around £1400 quid for the 150 kw engine
Yeah all fixed with regen.

Hi,

Have fixed....

1 Fault Found:

15898 - Fuel Temp. Sensor A (G81 I have had this fault code come up are you able to let me know where to locate the actual sensor in the engine bay.

Here ==>
EDIT From another thread:
Located a loose wire on the sensor and cleared the fault for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back