Review: Ovano

sure thing. Fit's either side of the legs almost exactly. it's like it's been made to measure! Hope these photos show it. Basically there are two cutouts at the tailgate end of the mattress to fit around the rear pillars. When you fold the mattress with these at the bottom (easiest way to open it anyway) they fit around the portions of leg that stick through the folded small bulkhead / divider.

have to say it's pretty damn comfy too it's pretty thick foam with a memory foam top.

View attachment 114041

View attachment 114042

View attachment 114044

View attachment 114045
Fabulous. Thank you very much. I understand what you mean re the cut outs fitting inside legs. Perfect

They do look fantastic, I've got bloody barn doors though so not sure if it's the right one for me. Maybe the narrow draw option but there isn't a single detail on the website. Hopefully the owner will see this thread and stick a few pictures up for us all :)
Me too, barn doors that is, but I love em.
I had it fitted yesterday and even my somewhat rotund (I do like beer!) body fits along side the drawer!
The gap to the inside of the door is approx 40cm see the pic.
AFBC7255-27CE-4086-A9EB-DF4317144FA5.jpeg

Had mine fitted yesterday; well happy with it.
Thanks to Josh & Nick for doing me a special squared off drawer front with larger holes to allow access to storage spaces in the bases of my kitchen modules... when I finally make time to build them!
1878DC5C-1D43-42D1-9CC5-F95267A017C2.jpeg

Looks great! I got fed up of waiting for the MTB version so went with the Kombi Infinity Bed. No doubt I will be upgrading once the MTB version is released :)

This mattress looks awesome. Been using the Kampa self inflating mattress on my Ovano so far but I’d like to upgrade as it’s wrecking my post surf back!!

Can I just check is the bit right at the back by the rear door still clear... ie does this mattress fit right in that bit between?

This mattress looks awesome. Been using the Kampa self inflating mattress on my Ovano so far but I’d like to upgrade as it’s wrecking my post surf back!!

Can I just check is the bit right at the back by the rear door still clear... ie does this mattress fit right in that bit between?
Hey @Richie_duckdive , if you mean where you store it, it fits perfectly on the first shelf behind the rear passenger seats, using all the space there (SWB). This leaves the rear parcel shelf (nearest the tailgate) completely clear. Is that what you meant?

I ordered the Forty Winks mattress - fit is fab and it was available immediately. Haven't slept on it yet but bought a mattress topper to finish it off. Folds, fits and lives perfectly on shelf closest to sliding doors and the bedding stores on rear shelf. Love the whole set up and even with everything stored have full view out of back window. Thank you for the recommendation @mattgandy

I had the Ovano system fitted into my new T6.1 on Tuesday. I can't recommend Ovano enough, the quality of the product is exceptional and the guys at Ovano were super friendly and helpful.
The whole system fits perfectly without any rattles or noise. Its a real piece of craftsmanship that makes the rear space much more usable.

Really interested in one of these but like others would like to know I can occasionally get 4 bikes in the van and still carry 4 passengers (SWB 2+1 Kombi) for day trips. Obviously the less faff the better but I don't mind taking wheels off and pulling a seat out if it gets us there without the drawbacks of an external rack.

I understand the top panel that forms the bed / bulkhead lifts out fairly easily, leaving just the sides, drawer and back panel. Can anyone tell me please whether that back panel is removable, or would it be a case of taking the whole thing out to make use of the full uninterrupted depth to the back of the seats?

Had anyone made this work, and if so which Switch is likely to be the better bet?

I'm aware there may be an official bike-minded solution down the line but don't really want to wait and then find it doesn't quite work for my scenario.

It's tight with the Infinity Customs small width bed with one bike, never mind 4 bikes.

I'd just get an external bike rack for the rear.

I had the Ovano system fitted into my new T6.1 on Tuesday. I can't recommend Ovano enough, the quality of the product is exceptional and the guys at Ovano were super friendly and helpful.
The whole system fits perfectly without any rattles or noise. Its a real piece of craftsmanship that makes the rear space much more usable.
How does everyone feel the ovano compares to the forty winks bed system ie wood vs steel frame etc and durability regards to the wood
And does the ovano rattle or squeak when empty with no weight in it am torn between the 2 and also the issue of price as £1600 for ovano plus the rubber load mat to stop stuff sliding around nearly £1700now then a day of work to go get fitted or 40 winks at £900 with mattress delivered????

How does everyone feel the ovano compares to the forty winks bed system ie wood vs steel frame etc and durability regards to the wood
And does the ovano rattle or squeak when empty with no weight in it am torn between the 2 and also the issue of price as £1600 for ovano plus the rubber load mat to stop stuff sliding around nearly £1700now then a day of work to go get fitted or 40 winks at £900 with mattress delivered????
I’ve had mine for a long while now and wouldn’t be without it. No rattle or squeaks with or without load.
I’d say the biggest difference besides materials is the drawer and it’s the drawer that makes it so versatile. Sure you can load the space under a forty winks bed but getting to stuff towards the front isn’t easy. When I’m away camping the drawer is loaded full of kit which i can access easily. I typically leave my fridge in there, when I need it, it is just a case of sliding out the drawer.
The other difference is the ability to have a bulkhead. I’ve used this several times now when I’ve had the back loaded up. When i bought the Ovano i thought I’d never use it in that mode but i do.
The one thing I would do differently is my mattress. I have a self inflating 10cm one. It is excellent and comfortable, the downside being if I’m camping and using the van for day trips it is a faff putting it down and back up. I’d use the forty winks mattress as it would be a much simpler and faster process to fold the bed back up to use the rear seats.

I’ve had mine for a long while now and wouldn’t be without it. No rattle or squeaks with or without load.
I’d say the biggest difference besides materials is the drawer and it’s the drawer that makes it so versatile. Sure you can load the space under a forty winks bed but getting to stuff towards the front isn’t easy. When I’m away camping the drawer is loaded full of kit which i can access easily. I typically leave my fridge in there, when I need it, it is just a case of sliding out the drawer.
The other difference is the ability to have a bulkhead. I’ve used this several times now when I’ve had the back loaded up. When i bought the Ovano i thought I’d never use it in that mode but i do.
The one thing I would do differently is my mattress. I have a self inflating 10cm one. It is excellent and comfortable, the downside being if I’m camping and using the van for day trips it is a faff putting it down and back up. I’d use the forty winks mattress as it would be a much simpler and faster process to fold the bed back up to use the rear seats.
Thanks that’s very helpful really appreciate it

I've also had mine a wee while now, I couldn't be without it now.
Leighton T6 Kombi I use for work everyday, gas engineer, the drawer holds all my tools and boxed spares, special order parts can be loaded onto the front parcel shelf and I use the rear parcel shelf for my dust sheets, cleaning caddy, analyzer & briefcase.
I've also used the bulkhead a few times when loaded with extra boxes that were higher than the rear seats when on the front shelf.
Caravan hooked up and now it has my mtb gear, camp chairs and all the usual extra equipment.....brilliant.

I've also had mine a wee while now, I couldn't be without it now.
Leighton T6 Kombi I use for work everyday, gas engineer, the drawer holds all my tools and boxed spares, special order parts can be loaded onto the front parcel shelf and I use the rear parcel shelf for my dust sheets, cleaning caddy, analyzer & briefcase.
I've also used the bulkhead a few times when loaded with extra boxes that were higher than the rear seats when on the front shelf.
Caravan hooked up and now it has my mtb gear, camp chairs and all the usual extra equipment.....brilliant.
Thanks guys appreciate it

Back