Opinions on alloys??

Silverfox

T6 Pro
Just a quick question guys and gals,

What colour alloys do you think look best on a starlight blue metallic van?
Don't think gloss or Matt black complement the colour at all.
Was thinking anthracite or maybe a bit left field bronze.
Here was two I found,what do you think?

IMG_0394.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

I kept the originals on my starlight blue van as I thought they compliment the van, but if I were to choose it would be the bottom ones.

Bronze or gold would look ace on the blue.
I'd dechrome or change the chrome on the grills to match at the same time too

I love the top wheels. They are AC Syclones. I too have a Starlight blue kombi. I really wanted them 19" in the black/silver but I can only find that wheel in 18" or 20".
There is a member on here who has the polished bronze wheels on a Starlight blue van, but I have been unable to contact him for a picture.

and then much later......did you buy some wheels? Interested to see bronze on starlight blue if it happened. If it didn't then I assume you decided to be happy with the originals

as above....
I am totally confused and dithering about what to do to enhance the look with a new set of wheels.
I have a starlight blue LWB and the original 16" VW which whilst not ugly makes it look like its on stilts!!
Anybody with starlight blue out there care to put some pics on here ?
:uh run:

Lovely van and clean looking wheels and bars! I'm pleased with my colour choice :) What size are they please? I have 20" wheels on my car. I know they are a few years old but they are pretty wrecked from day to day wear and tear and I'm afraid I'm not the sort the keep polishing my wheels so sure its partly self inflicted. So new T6 starlight blue LWB and I'm thinking that similar size wheels mean a 40mm tire wall which means battered wheels. I am also concerned that larger wheels will give me less flexibility of where I can get to. I am definitely going to need some winter tyres at some point because I'm pretty sure this is the law in many european countries and I want to do some winter stuff. Even Scotland makes me think about winter tyres. If I was heading up now to do some skiing then would I be feeling good on 20" rims with low profile summer tyres. I could just buy two sets of tyres and have them swopped over as and when but I have no idea about 20" winter tyres....?? Thinking whether I should just buy some nice 18 wheels with a deeper tyre to provide more flexibility. I'm not 30 years old wanting to bling my van to death ! .50's van hits the right balance for me.

Reactions: .50
Beautiful van and my favourite colour:whistle:,I love the wheels,bars and rails.Great taste.Are you going to lower it to add the finishing touch??:whistle::D

Reactions: .50
Beautiful van and my favourite colour:whistle:,I love the wheels,bars and rails.Great taste.Are you going to lower it to add the finishing touch??:whistle::D

Flipping heck Richard, its already dropped 40mm. I live up a bumpy stone track, so have a limit of how low I can go, and its the same with wheels and tyres.

@.50
Nice look. Bars and rails are great.
What are you wheels and what size etc?

Thanks Gavandi.
Wheels are 19"x9" 48mm offset ATS. ( Wolfrace classic GB ). 960kg rating
Tyres are 245/45r19 101w.

The tyres give a great ride but I think they are a nit quite wide enough for the 9" rim width and leave the alloy looking a little vulnerable. I will be fitting some 255/45r19s soon.

Flipping heck Richard, its already dropped 40mm. I live up a bumpy stone track, so have a limit of how low I can go, and its the same with wheels and tyres.

Oops :speechless: My eyes are terrible :rofl:

I've become attached to my 17" Steels, think they will remain on all the time now, until I see something that convinces me to change.

Back