One touch electric window stopped working

The procedure i do after disconnecting battery starting with window closed
Press down and hold button in, when window hit bottom hold for 10 seconds before releasing
Press up and hold button, when window is closed continue to hold button for 10 seconds
This resets the windows top and bottom limits and one touch is restored

I find quite often half way through this process when i bring window up it twitches and inch and stops, if this happens abandon the procedure close window and start again, sometimes takes a couple goes to get window to go fully down and up in one go to make it stick
Hi @Pauly.
Thank you so much for this 6½ yr old post, still helping us out.
I must’ve accidentally long-pressed my key remote after getting out and locking my Bus. I had window blinds with suckers fixed to both windows. Went out in the morning to find Bus locked, but both windows stuck partway down, suckers having prevented further lowering.
It had also rained hard in the night.
I dried all surfaces out as best I could and went for long drive with aircon on to hopefully finish drying stuff out.
Auto-close was still not working on driver’s side.
I really thought I’d burnt out some self-return mechanism.
Followed your instructions twice to have one-touch working again.
You’re a star, sir.
Andy

The ten second hold both down and then up did NOT work for me! Tried numerous times after watching some VW spares site swearing by that process. The two one second up holds worked fine thank you and is so quick ;-) (If you listen you hear a relay click when you are holding the button up each time.)

@JeremyC just elaborate on that one if you would please, having the same issues
The 10 second thing isn’t right, as @JeremyC has said.

If the window is closed, press and hold the button until it is all the way open. Then release the button, then press for another second or so. If you listen carefully you should hear a relay click. Release the button.

Then pull the button until the window is fully closed. Release the button, then pull for a second or so and again, you should hear a relay click. Release the button.

It should only need a second or so to do it.

Job done. If the window still isn’t working properly then there’s something wrong somewhere.

Approaching it's 6th year I ran my original MOLL battery through a rejuvenate procedure on a smart charger off the van. One touch was gone when the battery went back in but this post made it all well again thanks for the info.

Glad I read this thread. My windows wouldn't open or close on one touch and no powerfold mirrors on locking. After reading this, they're working again. Mine worked with the 2 one second button up method. MY 22 if that makes a difference.

I found this previously and it worked to reset my drivers controls of both the windows - ace - but the control on the passenger door won’t auto up no matter which of these techniques I try… auto down works fine - auto up doesn’t - frustrating!

Back