One lady owner

rachie16

Hi all
I picked up my new to me T6 last Saturday and I'm over the moon with it.
It's a converted 2016 T28. We plan to have lots of weekends away but it's also my main car.
So my first question is if you use your camper daily do you keep it free of all your camping kit (bedding, crockery, awning etc) and just load up when you go away or leave it in there to save the hassle?

Second question, are there any female owners on here? Forgive me for thinking it seems to be a male dominated passion?

Hello and welcome! Expecting lots of pics of the van to follow :)

To answer your second Q, the bus is actually my Mrs daily driver and technically ‘hers’… I’m just on here as I’m the one who throws the most money at it and does all the mistakes mods!

If a daily; I’d empty camping kit to save weight and rattles if poor stowage but that’s just us!

*technically* my wife owns the van, although that was just as the personal plate we had was in her name…. Long story!

It’s a welcoming community, so hopefully you’ll enjoy!

As for leaving the van loaded, we do, although it’s not our daily driver. We do use it occasionally to stop it seizing up! You learn to pack well so stuff doesn’t rattle too much. I like the idea of the van being ready at short notice.

Hello and welcome - there are many female owners on there, although it is bit of a male dominated site! That said, everyone is polite and civil, even when they disagree.

We have a Cali Beach (with a removable kitchen pod we bought separately.) We use the van as a daily driver for the family but also have a Mini for school runs. We find that having the basics (pans, crockery, bits that rattle) pre-packed in lidded plastic boxes in the garage is sufficient for impromptu getaways. With two young boys and two young dogs, we tend to drag our caravan for planned trips! After that it’s just a matter of grabbing sleeping gear, toiletries and food/beer/wine!

I hope this gives a few pointers.

(A bloke!)

My wife owns our van…..And keeps an eye on the post just in case “ Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) “ falls on the mat….;)

we always have a go away kit ready….

ps… I think the van is the boss anyway as it likes far too much money spent on him/her :laugh::laugh:

After fitting the sounds like a golf seals yesterday and my talk of reusing an old mattress topper for the pop top my wife commented that I like the van more than her.

"It is younger than you", "in better shape", "not as noisy", "Does what I want it to do and is designed to do" , were not the right replies!

Pack it and leave it.

Takes us long enough to sort food, liquids, bedding etc., without packing the stuff that can stay in.

Welcome to the forum!
CAB (bloke!)

We keep all of the crockery, cutlery, pans, kettle etc in the cupboards and some tea and coffee. If it wasn't for the fact that we also use it to transport items to the market, I'd leave most stuff in it. As it is, all stuff for the van is stored together in the shed, I have a checklist of what I need to take with me for the trip, so it is no effort to get it out and pack it.

After fitting the sounds like a golf seals yesterday and my talk of reusing an old mattress topper for the pop top my wife commented that I like the van more than her.

"It is younger than you", "in better shape", "not as noisy", "Does what I want it to do and is designed to do" , were not the right replies!
These were entirely appropriate responses and I look forward to how January’s credit card statement reciprocates the sentiments expressed!!! “Dish ate cold” is so passé - revenge is a credit card!!!

Hi @rachie16

I also have a camper that is also my everyday vehicle, when in daily use all the gear comes out into their own boxes in the garage! really easy to pack it in when required!

And how was your night out in the van last night? Not too cold I hope

Hi all
I picked up my new to me T6 last Saturday and I'm over the moon with it.
It's a converted 2016 T28. We plan to have lots of weekends away but it's also my main car.
So my first question is if you use your camper daily do you keep it free of all your camping kit (bedding, crockery, awning etc) and just load up when you go away or leave it in there to save the hassle?

Second question, are there any female owners on here? Forgive me for thinking it seems to be a male dominated passion?
Welcome to the forum we use ours as daily driver and go away most weekends so if it fits under rear seats and in lower cupboards it stays in.
Food,bedding awning and awning equipment packed on day we depart.

Hello and welcome! Expecting lots of pics of the van to follow :)

To answer your second Q, the bus is actually my Mrs daily driver and technically ‘hers’… I’m just on here as I’m the one who throws the most money at it and does all the mistakes mods!

If a daily; I’d empty camping kit to save weight and rattles if poor stowage but that’s just us!
I will take some after I have cleaned it and I can find a suitable place to show it off

Back