Omnistor Awning Folding Arm Positioning

Grim Reaper

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Bought an Omnistor 5102 yesterday, I have made some brackets to allow me to fit it over my garage door so I have dual use when it's not on the van.
First time putting it out I was very worried I was going to snap the leg lock levers off as they were very stiff, however they have become a bit easier with a few movements.
I'm sat under it now and wondered why the folding arms are not symmettrical? The left hand one is quite close to the end cap but the right hand one is miles away.
Any reason? Are others the same?
IMG20190628150430.jpg IMG20190628150446.jpg

They are in those positions to allow the arms to retract without hitting each other. It will not close if you move the right bracket further to the edge.

IMG_20190629_094828.jpg They'd be even further apart if the right one was moved further to the right??

Bought an Omnistor 5102 yesterday, I have made some brackets to allow me to fit it over my garage door so I have dual use when it's not on the van.
First time putting it out I was very worried I was going to snap the leg lock levers off as they were very stiff, however they have become a bit easier with a few movements.
I'm sat under it now and wondered why the folding arms are not symmettrical? The left hand one is quite close to the end cap but the right hand one is miles away.
Any reason? Are others the same?
View attachment 46192 View attachment 46193

I have a Fiamma and my arms are exactly the same distance from the end.

Well, I've moved them, the world didn't end, and the awning still opens and closes like it did before.
They are now symmetrical (I'm not OCD), and allows me to secure the box to my wall mounts AND the Van mounts.

I thinks It’s like that to avoid the drivers door touching it when the legs are slightly lowered.

Passenger door? My arms were offset towards the front of the van, if I'm mounting the awning over the passenger side sliding door. (which I've not done yet)
I did think it strange when placing the order that they asked if it was Right Hand Drive or Left Hand Drive, when surely the question should be am I mounting the awning on the Right Hand Side or Left Hand Side. Which of the brackets has the extended plate on it with the altered angle? The front or the back?

Mines a California , so my slider is on the offside hence drivers’s door, we have different brackets due to the pop roof.

Back