T6.1 BE Number-Plate Positioning

Jimvan

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi All,

I thought i’d start a post about number plate positioning, as I didn’t want my plate positioned on the colour coded bumper from the dealers.

I asked for the front plate to be supplied without being attached to the bumper, which they were happy to do!

Obviously if they had of attached it with screws, the bumper would have been damaged, needing a load of work to put it right (unless they taped it).

I had a look on the forum to see if anyone else had done anything similar or if any brackets etc were available for this. I didn’t managed to find much online, but decided to go with a 10mm (W) 3m double sided adhesive tape, and attach this to the fins.

Obviously the area and plate backing was cleaned with isopropyl alcohol, then both surfaces and the tape were heated with a hot air gun.

It seems to have adhered pretty well and has not come off yet, so I’m going to monitor it and I’ll let anyone else know how durable this is.

I’d welcome any alternative ideas for mounting, preferably without damaging a visible bumper part.

Here are some pictures of the where the tape was applied and the position, along with what it looks like now!

4C4B5668-F428-43CD-9637-846210646F9C.jpeg

03D63E6E-4BF6-4849-92CA-012B379B4469.jpeg

I'd stick with the original position, but use something like magna plates. Have a look on YouTube.

I'd stick with the original position, but use something like magna plates. Have a look on YouTube.
Lol - I did think it might be a bit marmite to some
People :think smile bounce: maybe it’s a grower?

Magnets are a really good suggestion though, I’m going to give that a try that if it comes off!

3m also do some good magnetic tapes, which could be a good option.

Back