Novel bed width expansion ideas?

Turk3y

I am planning our conversion but struggling with the lower bed. The standard size seems very snug and I am not even that large.

I think the minimum we would manage would be 120 and that might still be a little small. I see there are other bed sizes but then cabinets become an issue depending on who / how it's installed.

That is not a massive killer but would like reasonable levels of storage as well as ideally the van would stay ready to go, and if camping is anything to go by I cannot travel light :(

It must be a rail system to move the kids towards the front. I am in South London so unless overwhelming need arises would like to keep to sensible distances for most things,happy to do a bit here any there myself as suspect budget will dictate this is done in stages.

I have seen an interesting conversion from mal-vw and was wondering if there are similar, or other ideas that can assist with downstairs sleeping whilst still offering good storage. This is a 125mm bed so seemingly very bespoke to them.

2.jpg

It's probably worth saying that whilst I do like the cooking/ kitchen idea I am not 100% set on these being fixed. I do wonder if these will stop being of such appeal as now 99% of folks will not be registering their van as a motor caravan the need and hence reason for their fixed inclusion will drop. I would probably opt for a small built in fridge and plan to have a compressor coolbox for an awning. Storage for and space to place a hob would be good, but it being removable would be worth considering.

I have tried to look at slidepods but not sure I feel atm I want to break that far from the traditional design.

Finally I tried to search for a similar thread but not 100% sure how to describe this so failed. Please feel free to link to an existing discussion.

Thanks for reading this far.

Reactions: CAB
Back