Not a VW, but... [Resolved]

Bav

Explore, discover, enjoy, repeat...
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi all.

Kwik-Fit have just quoted me over £900 for a replacement exhaust system for my 2014 Mondeo! :eek: (That's a tin-pot Ford, not a diamond-encrusted Bugatti!)

I need new middle and rear exhaust sections (thankfully not a new Cat) and, apparently, these are "dealer only", which I took to mean there's no off-the-shelf aftermarket versions available.

Can anybody recommend a company in the West Yorkshire area that can fabricate a suitable system for me?

TIA

Hi all.

Kwik-Fit have just quoted me over £900 for a replacement exhaust system for my 2014 Mondeo! :eek: (That's a tin-pot Ford, not a diamond-encrusted Bugatti!)

I need new middle and rear exhaust sections (thankfully not a new Cat) and, apparently, these are "dealer only", which I took to mean there's no off-the-shelf aftermarket versions available.

Can anybody recommend a company in the West Yorkshire area that can fabricate a suitable system for me?

TIA
You’d double the value of the car if you put that on!

Edit: thinking about it, that’s bloomin extortionate for a 2014 Mondeo.

Last edited:
Have you checked Euro Car Parts website?
Thanks for the suggestion, but searching by vehicle reg, it appears the only suitable exhaust-related parts they carry are gaskets.

So, I found an outfit in Leeds - Tony Banks Custom Exhausts - who fabricate exhaust systems. They have lots of excellent reviews; they build using "2mm gauge T304 British stainless steel" and "T316 stainless welding rods" (is that good?); and they provide lifetime guarantees. They quoted me £379 for fabrication & fitting, with a choice of exhaust note.

From a position of ignorance, this was around (maybe a bit higher than) the price I was expecting Kwik-Fit to quote. Anyone got a view on the price? Anyone heard of/got any experience of Tony Banks Custom Exhausts?

EDIT: Price is plus VAT, so £455.

Last edited:
Try other suppliers:

PCS @ Clay Cross
SDL Minofern @ Clay Cross

Are a couple I know would offer exhausts...

Yesterday I had a custom exhaust system fitted by Tony Banks Custom Exhausts, who are based near Leeds. It cost me £455, which was less than half the quote I got from Kwik-Fit who quoted me £900 and something (I don't recall their exact quote because I fell over upon hearing "Nine hundred and...").

Tony Banks offer 4 exhaust notes of various "sportiness" and, despite choosing the quietest, my new exhaust is quite noisy, especially on lift-off. Having discussed this with them, they assured me that after 2-3000 miles, the noise would settle down. I've never heard of that before, so is this a thing, or they taking me for a fool?

Yesterday I had a custom exhaust system fitted by Tony Banks Custom Exhausts, who are based near Leeds. It cost me £455, which was less than half the quote I got from Kwik-Fit who quoted me £900 and something (I don't recall their exact quote because I fell over upon hearing "Nine hundred and...").

Tony Banks offer 4 exhaust notes of various "sportiness" and, despite choosing the quietest, my new exhaust is quite noisy, especially on lift-off. Having discussed this with them, they assured me that after 2-3000 miles, the noise would settle down. I've never heard of that before, so is this a thing, or they taking me for a fool?
Don't know whether they're talking shight or not but after 2 or 3000 miles you'll probably just be used to the noise and unable to remember how it sounded before anyway!

Back