North Wales - garage / auto-elec recommendation

EdH

Planning Officer
T6 Guru
Hi all, the campervan is due for its 1st service (got VW service plan). Any recommendations for VW Van dealership in North Wales area. The closest to myself is Aberystwyth and Wrexham. Wrexham slightly easier to get there.

Any reviews on Wrexham van centre?

Does anyone know of any decent mechanics around colwyn bay north wales that are clued up on T6 19 plate? I occasionally get a laboured crank start and this te ds to be after a previous short journey.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

I have asked vw if they've checked this when it's been in but never really got an answer. I'll get it checked anyway make sure. Thanks.

Any north wales people knocking about on here? I see a lot of vans about colwyn bay area.

yup just outside Llandudno myself.

Check out this thread:

Check out this thread:

[URL unfurl="

Check out this thread:

Who do you use for servicing and Mot etc?
Any recommendations for anywhere to view awnings and accessories etc?

I currently have a VW service plan, ill asking the same question when it runs out. Sorry I couldnt help.

I had it included in the van price when I purchased through the used approved scheme is 2020, has my last service from it in 2022 so not sure on cost

I don’t live in North Wales but have a static caravan in Towyn which we stay quite often.
I'm old Colwyn myself. What you got? May have seen you driving about. Have you any recommendations for a mechanic who knows the vans and conversions etc?

My parents used to take us on our holidays in the 60s to Old Colwyn and we stayed at a large house in Sefton Rd opposite a small car park the house number was 7 if I remember rightly.
Fond memories of the late 60s early 70s riding my motorbikes up the sea front in Towyn and Rhyl.

I'm Colwyn bay.

We regularly go to the Station pub for a meal when we visit Colwyn Bay.
John.

Wilson's in Rhuddlan are indipendant VW garage.

I'm old Colwyn myself. What you got? May have seen you driving about. Have you any recommendations for a mechanic who knows the vans and conversions etc?
White T6 Orange strips on front. Wilson's in Rhuddlan are good as VW independent garage. We dont do to many transporters we normally send them to Wilson's unless it's standard service or timing belt.20230326_113943.jpg

I use the van centre in Junction, not a bad place, don’t be scared to haggle with them, I saved over £100 with my cam belt change.

In my experience, I think North Wales has the highest proportion of T6 owners who wave back when waved at...
I always wave, then swear far too much when I don’t get a wave back not getting many waves in the crafter though

White T6 Orange strips on front. Wilson's in Rhuddlan are good as VW independent garage. We dont do to many transporters we normally send them to Wilson's unless it's standard service or timing belt.View attachment 204621
Lovely.
Are you a mechanic yourself then?
Ill look into them then, thanks

I don’t live in North Wales but have a static caravan in Towyn which we stay quite often.

My parents used to take us on our holidays in the 60s to Old Colwyn and we stayed at a large house in Sefton Rd opposite a small car park the house number was 7 if I remember rightly.
Fond memories of the late 60s early 70s riding my motorbikes up the sea front in Towyn and Rhyl.

We regularly go to the Station pub for a meal when we visit Colwyn Bay.
John.
Just seen you're from stoke. Im originally from Newcastle u Lyme myself. Mile house and Chesterton area.

I use the van centre in Junction, not a bad place, don’t be scared to haggle with them, I saved over £100 with my cam belt change.
Cambelt and water pump? I think VW want 850ish but I've seen others offer for about 500 or less. Also read VW have changed the criteria from 4 years to mileage only.

Lovely.
Are you a mechanic yourself then?
Ill look into them then, thanks
Yeah unfortunately. Don't know that much though just know how to take apart and rebuild lol.
Belt and pump, alt belt all VW parts plus service(filters not VW) cost £850 price fluctuates as oil and filters change prices regularly.
Cambelt and water pump? I think VW want 850ish but I've seen others offer for about 500 or less. Also read VW have changed the criteria from 4 years to mileage only.
I wouldn't go off those anyway. I did T6 water pump and belt today. 67playe 25k and bearings had failed on pump. Very lucky customer as bearing case sat in bottom of the belt cover.
20230706_123347.jpg20230706_123335.jpg

Cam belt and water pump was just over £400 in 2020.

Back