None Pop Top Family Camping !

sportsman

T6 Pro
Good afternoon all , I am just wondering what is peoples set ups when they have a kombi with no kitchen or pop top how there setting there sleeping arrangements up etc am so torn between buying an awning or getting tent I know there is threads on this already but I am wondering if anyone can post there set up maybe who have a family of 4 so as to give me some ideas please :unsure:!

We have a camper with poptop which in theory means the van will sleep 4 but with a 12 yo and a 14yo none of us wants to be that close so we have an awning with 2 sleeping compartment in for them and we will be in the van. We did have an 8 man tent which we went away in before which had 3 sleeping compartments. I guess it comes down to what you will use the van for. If you plan on sleeping in it then an awning would mean the family is sort of housed together if not then surely a tent is more adaptable

Good afternoon all , I am just wondering what is peoples set ups when they have a kombi with no kitchen or pop top how there setting there sleeping arrangements up etc am so torn between buying an awning or getting tent I know there is threads on this already but I am wondering if anyone can post there set up maybe who have a family of 4 so as to give me some ideas please :unsure:!
Hi ....we’ve got a kombi....no roof..no kitchen ....but a simple slidepod that sleeps 2 in the van but we use a Vango hexaway hub
which can be divided....but looking to get Vango Rhône in future. If you get an awning tent make sure it’s got the drive away kit so you can detach for trips out :)

9A85CA32-E74D-406E-95BB-4600088CC4BD.jpegFC19603D-3C57-4E14-B75D-7EBA6EA1FB04.png

I keep looking at them Slidepods and nearly pressed the button on one lol, thanks for the photos etc

I keep looking at them Slidepods and nearly pressed the button on one lol, thanks for the photos etc
It’s great ...the mattress is so comfortable ( that’s a big thing for us ...old )but not cheap...but is anything on a T6:laugh:

A tailgate awning plus a slide pod looks like a really good setup, perfect inside/outside setup

Driveaway awning and awning rail, 2 in the van and 2 in the awning is how we did it. Then we got a roof and then a caravan because families don’t stop growing :laugh:

Driveaway awning and awning rail, 2 in the van and 2 in the awning is how we did it. Then we got a roof and then a caravan because families don’t stop growing :laugh:
How many kids do you transport around ?

I've got a slidepod in the kombi and use an awning when taking the two kids away. 2 adults in the van and kids in the awning. Just bought a tailgate awning which I’m hoping will be ok for trips when it’s just two of us
E0D4E324-1EAC-4EF1-8C82-076D165A50E2.jpeg

How many kids do you transport around ?

2, it was easier when they were younger as they shared, now they won’t share so we’ve had to upscale.

Also, I’m 6ft 7 and 25 stone so I take up a lot of space myself :laugh:

2, it was easier when they were younger as they shared, now they won’t share so we’ve had to upscale.

Also, I’m 6ft 7 and 25 stone so I take up a lot of space myself :laugh:
I'll spot you easier then. I'm 6ft 3 with a blended camping family of 8 . Camping is hard work.

Back