Non Formaldehyde chemical that fits Thetford storage compartment

manicism

VIP Member
Does anyone know of a non formaldehyde bottle (so not the traditional blue/pink from Thetford) that will fit the compartment in the Thetford base for storage.

Have looked at 400ml Elsan organic, but reviews suggest bottles leak.

Looking to keep a small bottle with the toilet that I can regularly décante from a bigger bottle stored at home.

Suggestions welcome?

I’ve been using these this year as my mate gave me a tub after changing their toilet for some eco new fangled composting thing.
Easy to store and easy to use. Not cheap, but I’ll buy another tub just for the convenience.
Only criticism is they don’t neutralise the small as well as blue liquid.

Reactions: CAB
We just keep the little bottles and refill them with green liquid instead.

The bio washing liquid from Aldi is used in the boating world and I used to use it on my barge on our two toilets.

Weirdly I cannot seem to find it for sale in UK anymore however I don't think they show all products on their website.

Thanks at @Loz for some reason hadn’t really thought of refilling the Thetford bottles- guess wasn’t keen on putting a chemical that isn’t listed on the “ingredients” in a bottle, but could just remove the label.

I found this podcast from Motorhome Matt which is really interesting on emptying the cassettes in different waste streams.

Reactions: CAB
@archersam this podcast also talks about using washing up liquids- although doesn’t support the idea as washing liquids formulated to breakdown cooking fats and oils and not really human waste.

Back