Noisy DMF when not engaged

J88arv

T6 Guru
Morning you lot!

hope your all well and safe.

my van has always had a noisy DMF, it sounds like a metal discs grinds every so often when it rotates round. Yet when engaged it’s fine, no slipping and pulls like a train.

I had it checked at Vw in beeston to be told it’s fine and I wouldn’t worry, only worry when it dies. Apart of me thinks that’s a good point but another part thinks preventative maintenance is always the way forward (money/wife depending )

so I’ve been looking on europarts and I can get the full clutch kits with DMF for the below.

my question is, has anyone used these as it does seem cheap and do I need to get anything additional? My plan is to buy this and have it fitted by an independent unless anyone can recommend anyone local to Nottinghamshire who would fit it?

6F111ADE-90E1-47F2-9752-F91317BEAF20.png

Morning you lot!

hope your all well and safe.

my van has always had a noisy DMF, it sounds like a metal discs grinds every so often when it rotates round. Yet when engaged it’s fine, no slipping and pulls like a train.

I had it checked at Vw in beeston to be told it’s fine and I wouldn’t worry, only worry when it dies. Apart of me thinks that’s a good point but another part thinks preventative maintenance is always the way forward (money/wife depending )

so I’ve been looking on europarts and I can get the full clutch kits with DMF for the below.

my question is, has anyone used these as it does seem cheap and do I need to get anything additional? My plan is to buy this and have it fitted by an independent unless anyone can recommend anyone local to Nottinghamshire who would fit it?

View attachment 110951
Morning mate, I know it’s not Nottinghamshire, but I’ve recently used Triple ‘S’ Clutches in Leicester.... sound bloke named Mark :thumbsup:

Just make sure you get the correct kit.... I’ve just tapped in your details on the same website and it’s coming back with a price of £422.09 for a LUK Flywheel?

7DA09AA7-E8EE-4891-8365-44C9B07AB2E6.png

Morning mate, I know it’s not Nottinghamshire, but I’ve recently used Triple ‘S’ Clutches in Leicester.... sound bloke named Mark :thumbsup:

Just make sure you get the correct kit.... I’ve just tapped in your details on the same website and it’s coming back with a price of £422.09 for a LUK Flywheel?

View attachment 110952
How odd? Will look again bud as I did think it was cheap.
Does the chap you mention fit supplied parts?

Just done it again and I’m getting the same clutch kit at the same price as above??
Can’t be doing something wrong?

C7470F21-5C4F-406D-AAB1-CEA0F9C5A40E.png

B450A270-7443-41E1-8932-EF9F3835E5D3.png

You’re looking at different things - @J88arv - is that a clutch kit for vehicle with DMF ( but doesn’t include DMF)?

T6ARF - that’s the flywheel itself?

simon

How odd? Will look again bud as I did think it was cheap.
Does the chap you mention fit supplied parts?
Not sure mate.... maybe worth giving him a call to see what he’d charge to supply and fit?

Back