Noise when Corning

MGT

I've noticed that when corning at low speeds there seems to be quite a grumble from the front (easily noticeable when turning left). Admittedly this could simply be heavy "car" with weight very bias on the front but I thought worth an ask if it's normal before asking the dealer.

Considering it's size it's pretty quite to drive so the odd weird noise just stands out a bit. Rear tailgate was making a squeak but a little bit of grease on the catch solved that :)

Apart from a flutter/light rattle in the dash and the front noise it's great can't ever imagine not having one now!

I get the same and have read about others reporting the same, I have put mine down to the heavy duty tyres and the noise coming from the edges when turning.

Had a noise like something caught in the nearside disc one day even asked a local dealer to look but they did not have the time, the noise went so presume a piece of debris was caught

Pretty sure I saw something on here recently that was a similar reported noise, that turned out to be a CV joint. Might want to check that.

If it's a loud screeching sort of sound while cornering - that's the tyres laughing and telling you to try and go a bit faster....

I've noticed that when corning at low speeds there seems to be quite a grumble from the front (easily noticeable when turning left). Admittedly this could simply be heavy "car" with weight very bias on the front but I thought worth an ask if it's normal before asking the dealer.

Considering it's size it's pretty quite to drive so the odd weird noise just stands out a bit. Rear tailgate was making a squeak but a little bit of grease on the catch solved that :)

Apart from a flutter/light rattle in the dash and the front noise it's great can't ever imagine not having one now!
I have the same issue, when turning the car round in a car park you get a heavy kind of wearing noise, most noticeable on a right hand turn at say 10mph. My T6 has only done 2k so not expecting any wear etc at this mileage!

Back