Ahhhh knocking noise when turning!!!!!

MrTesco

T6 Pro
Advice please!

I've had my shuttle for about 4 months now but only just hit 2000 miles.

Now the first or second week of having the van I got a knocking / springing noise from what seems the o/s front when turning left only had it 3 or 4 time's then nothing, I just thought it might be something settling/bedding in.

Just been out in the van twice and it's just done it again. You can feel it slightly but it sounds like hitting something metal with metal vibration if that makes any sense.

It's not constantly just randomly and seems to happen a couple of times in a row then nothing.

I've had a look at the springs and etc and all looks fine as much as I can see without removing the undertray.

So anyone got any ideas what it could be?

Are you running standard wheels/springs/brakes etc ?
If you are i would take it to VW to investigate, after all thats what warranty is for.
If not i would be tempted to take it back to the garage that fitted your springs and ask their opinion.

It could really be anything from a caliper catching a wheel to a problem with the steering rack or a dodgy bush/bearing, so many moving parts i imagine it would be hard to tell without hearing it and having a look underneath but if its a metallic noise then it could be something serious so prob best to get it checked out

Are you running standard wheels/springs/brakes etc ?
If you are i would take it to VW to investigate, after all thats what warranty is for.
If not i would be tempted to take it back to the garage that fitted your springs and ask their opinion.

It could really be anything from a caliper catching a wheel to a problem with the steering rack or a dodgy bush/bearing, so many moving parts i imagine it would be hard to tell without hearing it and having a look underneath but if its a metallic noise then it could be something serious so prob best to get it checked out

Hi, it's all standard at the moment, I will give them a call Monday as my other car is having a clutch this week....typical.

Hi, it's all standard at the moment, I will give them a call Monday as my other car is having a clutch this week....typical.
Mine has had exactly the same! It was worse when new but now has 15k on and hardly does it any more,
Interested to know what it was though!

Could be a broken spring on the front strut..

Advice please!

I've had my shuttle for about 4 months now but only just hit 2000 miles.

Now the first or second week of having the van I got a knocking / springing noise from what seems the o/s front when turning left only had it 3 or 4 time's then nothing, I just thought it might be something settling/bedding in.

Just been out in the van twice and it's just done it again. You can feel it slightly but it sounds like hitting something metal with metal vibration if that makes any sense.

It's not constantly just randomly and seems to happen a couple of times in a row then nothing.

I've had a look at the springs and etc and all looks fine as much as I can see without removing the undertray.

So anyone got any ideas what it could be?

Hi Mr Tesco,

I have had to have a new inner off side CV joint on my T6, at about 6000 miles, VW say that it's unheard of, don't believe it. The clue for me was when they said there were non available in the country,I think that it's possibly a faulty batch of CV joints.
Check that there isn't any grease leaked out of the gaiter (difficult for the inner joint if engine tray fitted) Also I noticed that the power steering pump made "groaning" noises on full right hand lock, in fact it still does VW say that there's nothing wrong !!!
Hope your problem's resolved, but at least there's the warranty.

Hi Mr Tesco,

I have had to have a new inner off side CV joint on my T6, at about 6000 miles, VW say that it's unheard of, don't believe it. The clue for me was when they said there were non available in the country,I think that it's possibly a faulty batch of CV joints.
Check that there isn't any grease leaked out of the gaiter (difficult for the inner joint if engine tray fitted) Also I noticed that the power steering pump made "groaning" noises on full right hand lock, in fact it still does VW say that there's nothing wrong !!!
Hope your problem's resolved, but at least there's the warranty.
Cheers for the reply Doug, will give it a look this week as picking my other car up from a friends garage so will stick it on the ramp. Cheers again

I've got a knock on full right lock. Seems to be just as I'm coming to a stop. Doesn't do it on full left tho and only as I'm braking to a stop ????

I've got a knock on full right lock. Seems to be just as I'm coming to a stop. Doesn't do it on full left tho and only as I'm braking to a stop ????
Mine seems to be more at slow speeds but not noticed when braking will keep an ear out

I don't suppose my H&R springs will be helping. They're notoriously knocks

did anyone ever get an outcome from this?

have knocking at front and now rear at low speed when turning.

took the h&r springs out and refitted originals, knock still there.

everything checked and seated properly,

My knocking turned our to be a faulty drive shaft that was event

I also had a rattle at low speeds...took it back to dealer who replaced the driveshaft eventually and touch wood both problems have stopped.

Charlie.

Back