Noise from air box and egr floe fault

Jimmynoone79

VIP Member
Hi

I've got a VW t6 102 and have a couple of issues. I recently had my egr replaced as it was blocked. since this work was carried out I have an engine fault for egr low flow. I've also noticed when I rev my engine and let the revs die off it makes a noise around the airfilter housing like a loud whoosh. Anyone ideas why I've got the low flow alarm and if the noise around the air box could be connected?

Thanks in advance

I recently had my egr replaced as it was blocked. since this work was carried out I have an engine fault for egr low flow
If it’s happening since the work was carried out I’d say it is definitely linked but may not be the cause.
It sounds like you have a leaking induction hose, either way if the work was carried out by somebody other than yourself take it back for them to fix.

If it’s happening since the work was carried out I’d say it is definitely linked but may not be the cause.
It sounds like you have a leaking induction hose, either way if the work was carried out by somebody other than yourself take it back for them to fix.
Thanks for reply. Induction hose being from the air box Into the turbo?

Thanks for reply. Induction hose being from the air box Into the turbo?
Yes that is but more likely between the turbocharger and the throttle valve as that is the hose under pressure.
According to VW the hose should be replaced if removed to prevent leakage, I can’t say I agree as there is no reason why it cant be refitted and seal 100%

Hi

I've had a feel around can't find anything. Here's video with the sound if that helps. I'm getting it booked in with the garage next week but half the time these garages just guess and before you know it you have a whole new engine the massive bill and the same bloody issue. I'd love to go in and point and say fix that please.

Hi

I've had a feel around can't find anything. Here's video with the sound if that helps. I'm getting it booked in with the garage next week but half the time these garages just guess and before you know it you have a whole new engine the massive bill and the same bloody issue. I'd love to go in and point and say fix that please.
Get some soapy water on the hoses and connections, the leak will bubble. The van isn’t very old so I doubt it’s a split hose, more likely a connection not sealing.

Back