Newbie Looking To Buy T6

vinayk

Hi guys

Just need some advice from you guys on here, There's a lot information on here which been scrolling through new post and old.

Okay so i am looking to buy T30 Edition/Highline spec 19 plate 204 dsg with 8k on clock ex demo is around 40k mark with Vat.
Mods its has already:
-20"inch staggered wheels
-heated seats
-6 seats Nappa leather
-front & rear parking sensor with Cam
-Eibach coilovers
-Sportline front splitter & spoiler
-Adaptive cruise control
-full lining,insulation,alcantara headlining
-full audio upgrade inc sub.
-front and back Led lights

I need to know few points :

1)Reliability?
2) 204 Dsg any good?
3)Mpg figures people are getting?
4) Any weak points or negatives?

cheers
Vinay

Hi, Welcome to the Forum,

Sounds like a nice spec van and it has many of the desirable options that will keep your residual values high. To try and answer your questions.

1. Reliability is good. Like with any vehicle you'll hear the odd bad story and there are a few threads on here, but in general terms they're good.
2. 204 DSG. These are well regarded and if I was buying my van over again this is the engine gearbox combo I would be looking at.
3. That's a bit like the how long is a piece of string question. So many variables that make this so hard to answer, but see 4 below!
4. MPG! It's a commonly discussed topic that people are getting less miles per gallon than they would have wanted, but its horses for courses. If you want the coolest looking base van on the road with good reliability, decent residuals, great modding potential (even though yours has seen some nice ones already) and a great, welcoming forum for support then there has to be a negative somewhere right? Also, they are pretty dear to buy compared to some other vans, but I think you get what you pay for and they're worth the premium.

Being a 2019 model you'll also get almost 3 full years of manufacturer warranty, so 1 and 4 are perhaps less of an issue than they would be for someone like, say, me, who bought a van that was 3 years and a few months old! :rolleyes:

Enjoy your T6 and if and when you do get one, we will of course need some pics.

I have a similar van to your prospective one. Mine is a 67 plate

Some answers:
1. No terrible problems - squeaking drivers seat and a very occasional screetch from what I assume is a slipping belt somewhere (taking back to dealer for investigation)

2. It's a very smooth gear box. Plenty of punch even when I have it very full.

3. Drove around 900miles to France from uk, stayed between 65 -75mph but flooring it occasionally for overtaking and pulling away from toll stops, 34mpg. Very, very heavy load too.

4. There are some minor things I prefer on other vans, but as a package I think it's the best in range for a private owner.

It seems like a good spec van, but if you plan on doing a camper conversion later in your ownership, it's probably not the right one to buy...

20" wheels are nice, but again you'll lose a bit on the fuel economy running that size... but it'll look cool... so it's a trade off...

Is it 4 motion...? That's a nice option to have as well.... but again 2WD is good enough for most people... It all depends what you want out of the van...

Either way... welcome to the T6 club and the forum. You'll love owning a T6 van... it makes me smile every time I drive mine...

LED headlights are a great feature. You'll be able to see where you are going and you won't have to spend hours on here searching for information on how best to upgrade your H4 candle headlights !:thumbsup:

Hi, Welcome to the Forum,

Sounds like a nice spec van and it has many of the desirable options that will keep your residual values high. To try and answer your questions.

1. Reliability is good. Like with any vehicle you'll hear the odd bad story and there are a few threads on here, but in general terms they're good.
2. 204 DSG. These are well regarded and if I was buying my van over again this is the engine gearbox combo I would be looking at.
3. That's a bit like the how long is a piece of string question. So many variables that make this so hard to answer, but see 4 below!
4. MPG! It's a commonly discussed topic that people are getting less miles per gallon than they would have wanted, but its horses for courses. If you want the coolest looking base van on the road with good reliability, decent residuals, great modding potential (even though yours has seen some nice ones already) and a great, welcoming forum for support then there has to be a negative somewhere right? Also, they are pretty dear to buy compared to some other vans, but I think you get what you pay for and they're worth the premium.

Being a 2019 model you'll also get almost 3 full years of manufacturer warranty, so 1 and 4 are perhaps less of an issue than they would be for someone like, say, me, who bought a van that was 3 years and a few months old! :rolleyes:

Enjoy your T6 and if and when you do get one, we will of course need some pics.

Hi Chris thank you for your feedback, is your eu5 or eu6? any feedback on adblue side?

I have a similar van to your prospective one. Mine is a 67 plate

Some answers:
1. No terrible problems - squeaking drivers seat and a very occasional screetch from what I assume is a slipping belt somewhere (taking back to dealer for investigation)

2. It's a very smooth gear box. Plenty of punch even when I have it very full.

3. Drove around 900miles to France from uk, stayed between 65 -75mph but flooring it occasionally for overtaking and pulling away from toll stops, 34mpg. Very, very heavy load too.

4. There are some minor things I prefer on other vans, but as a package I think it's the best in range for a private owner.

Thank you for feedback :) that not bad average 34ish if could get that i would be more than happy.

did you get that slipping belt issue sorted.

It seems like a good spec van, but if you plan on doing a camper conversion later in your ownership, it's probably not the right one to buy...

20" wheels are nice, but again you'll lose a bit on the fuel economy running that size... but it'll look cool... so it's a trade off...

Is it 4 motion...? That's a nice option to have as well.... but again 2WD is good enough for most people... It all depends what you want out of the van...

Either way... welcome to the T6 club and the forum. You'll love owning a T6 van... it makes me smile every time I drive mine...

Hi Jason, i am not planing to do camper conversion, just use the van as 6 Seater as normal car with more space.

its not 4 motion, 2wd

Guys

Okay next week Tuesday I’m going to go pick up the T6 I just want confirmation I am doing right move due lot of horror stories

1) coolant issues
2) Egr
3)ad blue -I understand why die people overfilling

because I can back out now, I don’t want to put 40k in and it’s gives me problems every day

Vinay,
Go on any forum relating to any make of car or van, you will find every one of them has some issues. This particularly relates to EGR and DPF issues in diesels. The vast majority of people have no problem with their vehicle but sadly some are not so lucky. This applies to every make and type of vehicle.
I think that the T6 is as good as any vehicle and much better than most.
What I'm trying to say is that a £40,000 purchase is a risk no matter what car or van you buy.
You have significantly reduced the risk by looking at a vehicle with very low miles and a warranty, you can't do more than that!
Good luck with it, enjoy!

Vinay,
Go on any forum relating to any make of car or van, you will find every one of them has some issues. This particularly relates to EGR and DPF issues in diesels. The vast majority of people have no problem with their vehicle but sadly some are not so lucky. This applies to every make and type of vehicle.
I think that the T6 is as good as any vehicle and much better than most.
What I'm trying to say is that a £40,000 purchase is a risk no matter what car or van you buy.
You have significantly reduced the risk by looking at a vehicle with very low miles and a warranty, you can't do more than that!
Good luck with it, enjoy!

Sound advice.....enjoy your van!

Back