Newbie extras question

Sean O Leary

T6 Guru
Hello All, I am new here to this forum and going to upgrade my T5.1 Sportline to a new T6 highline auto Kombi. I would like to ask those of you in the know what extras are a must when placing my order tomorrow. I see I can select carpet in cab area is this a nice touch!!! or do people just put mats over the rubber floor. Does the carpet cover all the area which the rubber mat does. I am getting App connect and iphone connection what else do ye recommend please
Thanks
Regards
Sean

LED's
they're expensive but worth the outlay as the h4's are crap, read the the now lengthy thread I don't have them but wish I did,
Also
Composition media and app connect I've got it it has larger screen and you can use your phone as satnav saves buying more expensive discovery

Great thank you guys for you comments, would love the LED lights but can't justify the 2K spend on them! Buy your right I will regret it.
Can anyone tell me the part number or official description for confirm dash as it's not on the options list so my dealer won't have a clue and will probably say it's not available to me
Thanks again
Sean

No sorry I bought mine second hand, thinks it's been mentioned by some others in previous posts though try a search

You don't nee app connect for your Iphone to work, mine streams music and I can phone though it and I don't have the MFS. I'd also ask yourself do you need the comfort dash. Yes it looks nice but looking at the difference you get a flip up lid on the dash where the tray is and another flip up in the front of the dash giving you two. The pocket has gone along with the useful shelf. If you read what people say you will find the dash scratches easy. Have a good look at the brochure and see what extras you really need, remember they all cost and it builds up quick. You could also check if you can get H7 lights they are better than the STD H4. What have you got on the old sportsline you use and want on the new Kombi that is the way to look at it.

A Highline Kombi comes with some nice kit but this is what I added to mine & would recommend:

COMFORT DASH - This is soooooo much better & doesnt cost a lot (it also has cooling in the glovebox & superior sound deadening than standard)
Either Power latching or Full Electric Doors, Tailgate (Have full electric & are awesome)
Twin Sliders (we have another T6 with single & it's a PITA having to walk around to the opp side all the time)
LED Light Package
Heated Single Front Seats
Sunroof (would never buy a van without)
2+1 Rear Seating (much more flexible for carrying loads)
F&R Parking Sensors (I went for camera as well but never use it)
Discover Sat Nav (so much better than the Kenwood rubbish)
Puncture Kit (saves worrying about getting your spare wheel pinched)

I went for other 'extras' which albeit useful wouldn't spec them again.

Definitely do not stick with the standard lighting. The Light Package Plus for about £450 gives you twin H7's for a lot less than LED price. Heated seats, 2+1, Discover Media, electric mirrors, MFSW, aircon

Back