New Van Day

Had that call from @BognorMotors a few weeks ago to tell me my new van was on its way, wasnt expecting it until next year so very surprised and very excited, got sent a pic when it arrived

View attachment 166946

Couldnt get the van in time for summer camp so i got Oli to do a few jobs for me before collection, had to have the gloss paint on the front and love the Leighton LV-S front bumper so i asked him to sort that for me

Couldnt make my mind up about wheels and suspension so had always planned to drive it stock and decide after but so tight on time and had to make a decision so got the STXA suspension fitted
Im in tricky situation with parking at home as need the van lowered to get in my garage but not slammed as theres a crest to get over to get onto my drive so needed it somewhere in the middle, he sent me some progress shots as things were happening

View attachment 166944

Couldnt help but think the van looked a bit weird lowered on the standard 16 inch claytons

View attachment 166952

I think he sensed my weakness and after i got there and was having a look around at things like this

View attachment 166951

when i looked back he had did a sneaky number and started lining things up on my van

View attachment 166947

I will be honest and say i didnt take much convincing and settled on a set of Judd T311R in bronze and heres the before and after on the finished van

View attachment 166945

View attachment 166948

and a couple of cheeky shots after i got it home (yes i forgot the bonnet was open)

View attachment 166950

View attachment 166958

What can i say, im so pleased with the van
Its the first time we have ever got to spec and order a brand new vehicle and choose the colour etc etc and absolutely love it, reminds me of buying my first T6 all those years ago and starting the forum

As always the list of mods has begun and is increasing by the hour but for
sweet Van !
now im going to stick the kids in the back and take them for a drive !

@Pauly do you know the specs on your alloys? Are they 9J front and 10.5J rears? Also the offsets if you know. Really nice look and stance on the van and I’m considering new options for wheels :thumbsup:

Had that call from @BognorMotors a few weeks ago to tell me my new van was on its way, wasnt expecting it until next year so very surprised and very excited, got sent a pic when it arrived

View attachment 166946

Couldnt get the van in time for summer camp so i got Oli to do a few jobs for me before collection, had to have the gloss paint on the front and love the Leighton LV-S front bumper so i asked him to sort that for me

Couldnt make my mind up about wheels and suspension so had always planned to drive it stock and decide after but so tight on time and had to make a decision so got the STXA suspension fitted
Im in tricky situation with parking at home as need the van lowered to get in my garage but not slammed as theres a crest to get over to get onto my drive so needed it somewhere in the middle, he sent me some progress shots as things were happening

View attachment 166944

Couldnt help but think the van looked a bit weird lowered on the standard 16 inch claytons

View attachment 166952

I think he sensed my weakness and after i got there and was having a look around at things like this

View attachment 166951

when i looked back he had did a sneaky number and started lining things up on my van

View attachment 166947

I will be honest and say i didnt take much convincing and settled on a set of Judd T311R in bronze and heres the before and after on the finished van

View attachment 166945

View attachment 166948

and a couple of cheeky shots after i got it home (yes i forgot the bonnet was open)

View attachment 166950

View attachment 166958

What can i say, im so pleased with the van
Its the first time we have ever got to spec and order a brand new vehicle and choose the colour etc etc and absolutely love it, reminds me of buying my first T6 all those years ago and starting the forum

As always the list of mods has begun and is increasing by the hour but for now im going to stick the kids in the back and take them for a drive !
What size wheel did you go for ?
Looks

Seeing as i started my van journey here thought i would carry it on and use this as a progress/build thread for my van as got a few jobs ticked off now but obviously still ongoing

One of my first jobs was fitting a golf 8 flappy paddle wheel which i did a few months ago, documented in this thread

The wheel heating works but i have yet to finalise my controls/button/relay for it, will follow that up here when its complete

Back