New (to Me) 204 Lwb Panel Van - Ex. Swiss Build

catfood12

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Evening Mates.... Just bought this privately off a local chap to replace my ageing Vivaro. I really didn't know the T6 scene was this committed.... The Vivaro one isn't ! :sleep:.:rofl:

It's too good to use as a posh builder's van. 2018 204 BMT DSG, adjustable coil overs, 20" exotic pharmaceutical dealer's wheels. Oddly (I think) no bulkhead and two Captain's chairs seats.

20190317_152702_resized.jpg

Reversing camera and tow bar on order...... I'm sure it won't stop there....

Looks like I need to cut a hole for OEM retrofit on the camera. Can't find much info about anyone who's done the job themselves. Will probably post up the ensuing shenanigans.... I have VCDS and am an old hand hacking that particular mainframe...

Great forum, as all these singe model ones are. I'm on VWROC too... seem to unwittingly becoming a VW fanboi...:)

Nice van. I like that colour of wheel with the Starlight (?) blue van.

@kn0bby has done a good post on retro fitting an OEM camera. Its in his build thread iirc.

I saw this for sale myself and your forgetting the most important thing and that is the fact it’s a petrol and that means 300 bhp for £345

@Skyliner33 - The van's black ! The shade of the wheels does suite it though. Not too flash/gaudy. Thanks for the camera info, but couldn't find Knobby's thread. Found some others, all good.

@Petehelmet - It's nourished from the black pump, you must have seen a different one, I'm down in Dorset. There's space for a proper intercooler, so I can see late 200s being available....:D Don't think it'll break 300BHP..

Last edited by a moderator:
@Skyliner33 - The van's black ! The shade of the wheels does suite it though. Not too flash/gaudy. Thanks for the camera info, but couldn't find Knobby's thread. Found some others, all good.

Man Vs Van.. post number 35

I must admit I was a bit undecided of the colour of the van. I wonder if that colour wheel would go with Starlight.

Skyliner - thanks for the link. Knobby's build thread is mega.

Richi & Lord Mfwic - thanks for the kind words..... I'm itching to get the clay bar out and then give it a polish... There's a lot of metal to cover...:thumbsdown:

Loving the cat in the head gear... :rofl:

Loooooong van too. Seems to go on forever in the pic. Nice one tho.

@Petehelmet - It's nourished from the black pump, you must have seen a different one, I'm down in Dorset. There's space for a proper intercooler, so I can see late 200s being available....:D Don't think it'll break 300BHP..

How did you get on with your reversing camera ? I fitted one and had a perfect picture because t when I turned the engine on I lost the picture ivebeen told that you can't fit one to a T6?

How did you get on with your reversing camera ? I fitted one and had a perfect picture because t when I turned the engine on I lost the picture ivebeen told that you can't fit one to a T6?

Sweet as. Bought the camera from the forum shop, cut the hole in the tailgate, ran the cables, coded with VCDS. Works a treat, great view. Trickiest bit was running the cables through the tailgate. There are a few threads on here with various members' camera fitting stories.

Camera prob needs a clean 12v supply

Back