New thin battery.

JDC

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Been looking for batteries and come across these. $890 for 138ah battery. Anyone came across these before in the UK??

Screenshot_20230217-220140_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230217-220147_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230217-220200_Samsung Internet.jpg

Be wary of any high value purchase that offers buy one get one free.
As for new batteries just about everybody is willing to let somebody else test it.

thats a new form factor,

not seen a battery built like that before.

very interesting.

Haven't seen it on a UK site, just US and Canada. Looks good. I'm thinking of it mounted on a rear panel in rhe wheel arch dead space or inside a kitchen unit.

I was wondering how long before somebody mentioned that they will fit in the body.
Seems like a space saver but I would think that area gets hot in the sun plus what happens if it’s damaged in a collision.

I doubt it would it be good inside the metal frame of the van but inside a kitchen unit should be ok. I'm thinking of it set up on the rear panel and boxed in with some ventilation. Gotta be better than cramming it all under the front seats surely. Have better heat dissipation??

Pity they don't ship outside the US. The price and spec looks good on them.

That's cool, it'll just be a bunch of 18650 batteries (groups of 4 based on the 4S config) arranged to be flat but not seen anything like that yet.

It's probably not available in the EU due to regulations that it doesn't meet (yet). It's only $699 on the manufacturers website.

Back