New T6 Edition Kombi Owner!

PetroHeed

T6 Pro
Thought I better put my first post up after browsing the last few days! Some lovely vans on here!

Having owned a T4 and T5 many years ago, then running Merc Vitos- I've just bought a 2018 T6 Edition Kombi and having come from a new Vito one thing Im loving (my bank balance isnt) is the following the Transporters have (no Vito forum!) and all the upgrades available for them!

Being the Edition model sold it for me with all the fancy extras it comes with. Loving it so far.

After just a few days of ownership I've already fitted the Westfalia towbar and wiring, Sportline springs and tailgate spoiler. All OE stuff ofcourse! Had holes in front number plate recess filled and painted so they dont show when my short plate goes on it. Coded MFD to show digital speed and a few other wee bits.

Next is mudflaps and I think it needs wheel spacers. I quite fancy the 18" Springfield wheels in Black like comes on some of the Edition models, anyone know of any for sale?

Awaiting the V5 to put my plate on it, but heres some pics of it just now!

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Looks great,

welcome to the forum. . .

I love the white with black look . . . . That's going to keep you busy keeping it looking shiney and sparkly.

Welcome to the mad hoose (that's me making you feel at home) Lets see how long you can be on here before we can get you deep into your overdraft and maxed out cards.

i'm a big fan of the Edition T6, just because it's that little bit more special. Those 'Fancy Extras' include the amazing LED headlights that cost us normal Transporter owners several thousand pounds to tick that box:eek: and it's one of the most desired extras. You will love them when the nights draw in.

Thanks guys.

Haha talking my language there Tourershine!

I was really looking for a Highline but the deal on the Edition was too good as an ex demo so I couldnt pass up because I love things like the LEDs. The rear camera is good for hitching trailer too.

Looks great. I would have gone for an Edition but really wanted a TSI so settled for Highline with LEDs

How much did putting it on the Sportline springs cost if you don't mind me asking? Loving my Edition, but it is quite tall.....

:)

Pictures of your Edition anywhere?

Sportline springs (Eibach) are expensive- £265 and I fitted myself as Im a mechanic to trade.

Id imagine youd be looking at around 3hrs labour plus tracking to fit them at a garage so depend on what garages in your area charge. Around here youd be talking £50 an hour inc VAT so say £200 for fitting and tracking- £465 total is what Id say to expect.

I wanted them since they are OE and keeps the warranty plus assumed ride would be good if it was an option offered by VW.

Its definitely not low, but I think it looks more normal now- they seem ridiculously high in standard form!!

Regarding Springfield's, I also wanted them so much. Fitted them to my Cali and they looked great but hated them after a short time due to the time it took to clean them. The only true way was to take them off especially the front ones if you have the 204 bigger brakes as I did. A right PITA..

Also they don't look right in black IMO, you lose the detail and end up with a black circle to look at. Just my experience.

P.s nice bus :thumbsup:

Pictures of your Edition anywhere?

Sportline springs (Eibach) are expensive- £265 and I fitted myself as Im a mechanic to trade.

Id imagine youd be looking at around 3hrs labour plus tracking to fit them at a garage so depend on what garages in your area charge. Around here youd be talking £50 an hour inc VAT so say £200 for fitting and tracking- £465 total is what Id say to expect.

I wanted them since they are OE and keeps the warranty plus assumed ride would be good if it was an option offered by VW.

Its definitely not low, but I think it looks more normal now- they seem ridiculously high in standard form!!

New Member, With Many Questions....

Here's mine. Completely standard at the moment.

To be fair, £265 for springs isn't horrendous, but them I'm used to Lotus parts prices....

Does the Sportline use the same dampers as the T30?

Looks good..!

Sportline springs are a good £100 more than H&R's, that'll be the VW tax!

I would imagine the dampers are the same but cant say I checked.

Regarding Springfield's, I also wanted them so much. Fitted them to my Cali and they looked great but hated them after a short time due to the time it took to clean them. The only true way was to take them off especially the front ones if you have the 204 bigger brakes as I did. A right PITA..

Also they don't look right in black IMO, you lose the detail and end up with a black circle to look at. Just my experience.

P.s nice bus :thumbsup:

They come on some Editions in black and I really liked them. It'll get washed once a week but the wheels wont be coming off thats for sure- I dont have that much spare time!! o_O

I've now fitted VW mudflaps and have H&R 25/30mm spacers arriving today (wow theyre expensive!), then Im getting the wheels refurbished in Gloss Black next week. I just dont think the diamond cut goes with the black theme!

Plate should be on by then too and hopefully I will be happy with it at that! :whistle:

They come on some Editions in black and I really liked them. It'll get washed once a week but the wheels wont be coming off thats for sure- I dont have that much spare time!! o_O

I think they only come on the 204 Editions, although I suspect you could probably order a 150 with them. Mine was a pre reg, so I'm stuck with what options it came with. Fortunately, Editions are nicely specced! :)

Your telling me something now, I was not aware Springfield's were fitted to some editions. As said I have seen them black but not for me, after a couple of thousand miles into a road trip we did in June the brake duct turned the front wheels anthracite which looked good so maybe an alternative choice. But as said I would never go out of my way again to put Springfield's on a future van.

Looks great getting my Edition in a couple of weeks I’ve asked vw to fit me the rear spoiler in black and the bumper scuffer in black, would be interested to see yours when you’ve done the spacers as I was thinking of fitting 25mm myself

Back