New Member, With Many Questions....

I'm the same username on SELOC :) (S1 Sport 160 Elise)

Yes, this is going to be my daily, and I'd already decided that Highline was a must. Will add some sound deadening in due course too.

Ok, so my accountant has persuaded me I should buy one this year (to be fair, it didn't take much persuading), so I'm now actively looking to buy.

Must be inc VAT :)

Am I right in thinking that single sliding door 204 Kombi's are rare as rocking horse poo? The vast majority seem to be twin sliders.

Mines a twin door but agree that its far more convenient. We can fit our awning either side which can work well depending on which way your camping pitch is facing and what view you want. Not the best for a conversion though.

I wouldn't be without my twin sliders the one behind the drivers seat is my only access to my gas and water tanks in my kitchen pod.

You just have to think outside the box a bit when converting.I built a false step on top of the original to level it with the floor and sat my kitchen pod and bed on it.

image.jpg

The carpeted box next to the gas tank is my sub:thumbsup:

I wouldn't be without my twin sliders the one behind the drivers seat is my only access to my gas and water tanks in my kitchen pod.

You just have to think outside the box a bit when converting.I built a false step on top of the original to level it with the floor and sat my kitchen pod and bed on it.

View attachment 27347

The carpeted box next to the gas tank is my sub:thumbsup:
Very clever. I have no intentions in doing a conversion but thats a great way of making use of the extra side sliding door.:thumbsup:

Woohoo does this mean another S1 Sport 160 owner A rare breed? Hopefully still with the standard ECU so it ticks over at silly RPM lol

Yes, I am beginning to think that LED's are a must, although I am used to vehicles with crap headlights, it would be nice to finally have one with lights that work.....

Why the regret not getting a DSG if you don't mind me asking?

Because its the best option of all!

Woohoo does this mean another S1 Sport 160 owner A rare breed? Hopefully still with the standard ECU so it ticks over at silly RPM lol

Standard ecu, yes, but remapped by obr as mine also now has a sabreheads big valve head, amongst other things.

I guess I should look into twin slider conversions, as this would make finding a van a heap load easier! We are camping this weekend, and I’m already making a mental list of what I want in a camper (despite me having to finish the house before doing any converting....)

Are the aftermarket led versions any good?
Not aware of a conversion for the T6. Some advertised merely have LED DRL's with standard halogen H7 bulbs.

I've used both Phillips and GE bulbs and think that the GE Megalight Ultra H7 +130% is better than the Phillips racing +150%.

Relatively cheap upgrade @ about £22 a pair or £44 for a set of 4.

Bit deceiving as 100% is what you have standard and the + 50 or 30% on top of that.

Full LED would be well over £1000 with auto levelling

So are the “led” lights with the led drls but h7 bulbs as good as the oem h7’s?

So my sensible side took over (or my wife, whichever), and I've gone for a 150.

Pick up aa 150 Edition Kombi next weekend :)

Back