New t6.1 Security from Day 1

Benji46

VIP Member
Hi Friends. I will be collecting my new t6.1 panelvan next week. It has been 8 months on order and I am rather excited to say the least. It has been a long held dream of mine to have a camper - I should have done it years ago but hey ho its taken me until I am nearly 50 years old to do it. I must also start by saying that I am way way out of my depth when it comes to vehicles so I am learning and hopefully with the help on here will learn fast!

So to the van its a t.6.1 T28 SWB brand new panel van that I will convert over time. I have probably made mistakes already but I collect it next week. On the most pressing things on my mind is security. I would rather have some tip top advice on the security and have it in place before I drive it away from the dealership. This is obviously going to be my pride and joy but also my main vehicle in getting to work (I am not a tradesman so there wont be any tools to nick).
It will be just for me and my young daughter to go off any have some adventures.

Would you recommend a tracker - Cat 5 and a Ghost Imobiliser...on top of the factory standard. This is what I am thinking anyway. I am based in Cambridgeshire so if some of you lovely folks can help me along that will be great and recommend me to services that can help me out.
What other security measures would you recoomend??
Cat converter - I am worried about!
Door handle plates etc?

Many thanks
Benji

Hey mate. Great news about your new van coming.
What sort of security are you after?
Door hook locks? Tracker? Internal PIR sensor with App alerts?
I’m sure others will be along soon to advise.
I’m still waiting for a date for my van so will watch this thread with interest.
Oh and when you do collect chuck some pics up!

More info here:

First thing I did before I even got my van was to buy a Stoplock Pro (recommended on here)
Once I took delivery I measured the wheel/tyre width and bought myself a Bulldog wheel clamp.
Both very easy to install and remove. Both hi viz deterrents.

Reactions: CAB
Stoplock Pro, don't need the Elite.

Sparesafe for the spare wheel.

Ghost + Tracker sounds ideal.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Bav
Hi and welcome I'd personally recommend a disk lock as a visual deterrent to deter the opportunist and then at least a Thatcham approved immobiliser. Trackers worthwhile too. Ultimate for me would be a Thatcham cat 1 alarm and immobiliser such as the cobra adr or a clifford concept series. Hope this helps

Am I right in thinking that a 2021 T6.1 will take the small Disklok?

Already have a medium-sized one on current vehicle and they are great bits of kit. Collecting new (to me) baby beginning of next month and want her secure from the start.

Hi
Im sure this has been answered somewhere but I can't seem to find it. I am waiting for a new VW T6.1 DSG Highline Kombi in the next few weeks and was looking at a Disklok for security. Can anybody tell me which size I should be getting?
Thank you.

Small seems to be the consistent answer on the forum. That’s what we have on our T6.

Pete

Definitely small.

I pick up my T6 on Monday (YAY!!!) and have already bought a new Disklok for it. Before purchase I called the company and checked the size.
Great firm to deal with, lock arrived the next day.

Hi Friends. I will be collecting my new t6.1 panelvan next week. It has been 8 months on order and I am rather excited to say the least. It has been a long held dream of mine to have a camper - I should have done it years ago but hey ho its taken me until I am nearly 50 years old to do it. I must also start by saying that I am way way out of my depth when it comes to vehicles so I am learning and hopefully with the help on here will learn fast!

So to the van its a t.6.1 T28 SWB brand new panel van that I will convert over time. I have probably made mistakes already but I collect it next week. On the most pressing things on my mind is security. I would rather have some tip top advice on the security and have it in place before I drive it away from the dealership. This is obviously going to be my pride and joy but also my main vehicle in getting to work (I am not a tradesman so there wont be any tools to nick).
It will be just for me and my young daughter to go off any have some adventures.

Would you recommend a tracker - Cat 5 and a Ghost Imobiliser...on top of the factory standard. This is what I am thinking anyway. I am based in Cambridgeshire so if some of you lovely folks can help me along that will be great and recommend me to services that can help me out.
What other security measures would you recoomend??
Cat converter - I am worried about!
Door handle plates etc?

Many thanks
Benji
what did you decide on in the end ? We are also newbies soon to pick ours up and would appreciate any feedback thank you

After converting the van had to reinsure it and the insurer insisted on a tracker which was fitted on the driveway by Global Telemetrics. Also use a stop lock wheel lock and Vanstyles pedal lock which is a solid bit of kit.1A8240B8-22D8-47AC-AF97-966EE55175D1.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
what did you decide on in the end ? We are also newbies soon to pick ours up and would appreciate any feedback thank you
I had a ghost immobiliser and scorpion tracker (scorpiontrack) installed before taking it from the garage. It has worked very well. No teething problems. Expensive outlay but 18 months down the track I still have the van and no attempted thefts!
Good luck and hope you enjoy.

Back