New t6.1 on order

auldal

Have ordered t6.1 kombi with electric doors/tailgate.reversing camera, heatedseats, leds and a few other options but didn’t go for the discovery media system. Still time to change this as delivery not scheduled until April but can you advise as to whether this is a worthwhile option albeit pretty expensive? Thanks

Waste of money IMHO just use standard with CarPlay plus google maps. No updating required either. :thumbsup:

Unless the upgrade gives you any other benefits of course.

Last edited:
Have ordered t6.1 kombi with electric doors/tailgate.reversing camera, heatedseats, leds and a few other options but didn’t go for the discovery media system. Still time to change this as delivery not scheduled until April but can you advise as to whether this is a worthwhile option albeit pretty expensive? Thanks
I ordered mine with the standard head unit, I looked at the discover media but couldn’t justify it. I would never use the in built sat nav as they are nowhere near as good as google maps or Waze through CarPlay

Had mine since September with the standard colour composition unit and it does everything I need it to. Especially since yesterday when my dealer finally did the software update , fixing all the app connect problems.

Waste of money IMHO just use standard with CarPlay plus google maps. No updating required either. :thumbsup:

Unless the upgrade gives you any other benefits of course.
Thanks for the advice-that’s what I was thinking. First Transporter and want to get it right!

I ordered mine with the standard head unit, I looked at the discover media but couldn’t justify it. I would never use the in built sat nav as they are nowhere near as good as google maps or Waze through CarPlay
Thanks for the advice. I agree. Will give it a miss.

Had mine since September with the standard colour composition unit and it does everything I need it to. Especially since yesterday when my dealer finally did the software update , fixing all the app connect problems.
Thank for the advice. Good to know the app connect works fine. It’ll do for me.

If that’s a factory order April seems a bit optimistic. I ordered mine last July and it’s not expected until Feb or March and I’ve heard of others who had to wait 9 months for a factory order

If that’s a factory order April seems a bit optimistic. I ordered mine last July and it’s not expected until Feb or March and I’ve heard of others who had to wait 9 months for a factory order
I ordered mine at the start of November and they told me it will come in end of feb, I’m not holding my breath though

Ordered beginning December and can only go on information from dealer. Hopefully will come in April.

Just realised today I made the mistake of picking “Park Assist” I didn’t realise they come standard with front and rear sensors standard with the Highline trim. A bit misleading on the options with it saying “Front and Rear parking sensors with Park Assist”.

Just realised today I made the mistake of picking “Park Assist” I didn’t realise they come standard with front and rear sensors standard with the Highline trim. A bit misleading on the options with it saying “Front and Rear parking sensors with Park Assist”.
I ordered that too. I think it’s ok though because the park assist bit does more than just the parking sensors. Had it on a Ford Focus a few years ago and came in useful a few times.

I ordered that too. I think it’s ok though because the park assist bit does more than just the parking sensors. Had it on a Ford Focus a few years ago and came in useful a few times.
Yeah I think it auto parks which tbh I’d never risk using, suppose potential buyers in the future might find it desirable.

I completely agree with you. On a different note I’m still undecided about the wheels. Comes with 17” Devonports and they are nice but I prefer black alloys. Don’t want to go to expense of lowering etc and don’t want 20” so thinking about a compromise at 18” black alloys. Was toying with idea of getting the van delivered with all weather tyres but from what I’ve read they aren’t great in winter or summer. So will be left with the original wheels and tyres. Could sell all or change tyres to winter ones and then try and sell original tyres. ....or could just get the Devonports painted black! Decisions decisions.

Does the phone have to be cable connected to the usb socket or can maps work through bluetooth or say screen mirror?

I think you'll find that park assist actual parks it for you, I might be wrong but I'm sure that was an option I considered when ordering and thought it might be buggy so didn't bother. It adds extra side sensors and a few other things

Back