Found New or near new Standard tailgate struts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavinda12

T6 Pro
Hi, I’m looking for some near new tailgate gas struts complete with parts. Genuine VW if poss. My van has sound deadening and insulation and the ones fitted are sagging. Don’t want to go straight to upgraded ones as I don’t want the tailgate to be too hard to close so thought I’d try another set of standard ones.
Thanks

Last edited:
What van you got?...

If its a T28/T30 just the springs from a T30.

Its a comon proprilem with T28 and T30s.

I've done it myself in my last T30, VW garage done it for me while they fitted a new 4M duff. (So its an approved vw mod)

Hi, I’m looking for some near new tailgate gas struts complete with parts. Genuine VW if poss. My van has sound deadening and insulation and the ones fitted are sagging. Don’t want to go straight to upgraded ones as I don’t want the tailgate to be too hard to close so thought I’d try another set of standard ones.
Thanks
I’ve got 2 sets of tailgate struts In the garage. You are welcome to come and try them.

Thanks
What spec are your current struts? I have these (along with another set in think) if they’re any good..

Hello @gavinda12 ,i had to change my standard struts for 985N ones when my van was lined out from almost new. I think you will find that the tailgate will probably sag even if you put brand new 900N ones in. With the 985 ones which i think are from a Caravelle but i am happy to be corrected?,the tailgate is not too hard to shut,it is the 1200N ones that people fit to cope with bike racks etc. that will make the tailgate really stiff,hope this helps

Great advice and some very kids offers as always on here. Thank you. @MartinGibson , it seems I need those 985s. Mine are 900. Are the 985s dealer supply?

I got my 985 ones from a place on ebay that does some sort of motability conversions i think,not sure what they were called to be honest but i think if you do a search on here,there will be some more info.

Great advice and some very kids offers as always on here. Thank you. @MartinGibson , it seems I need those 985s. Mine are 900. Are the 985s dealer supply?
I think I have 985 on my van but don’t really need them. If it helps I’m sure I could be talked into taking them off.

I'm sure some folk fit just one uprated strut to avoid over doing it. I guess you could try that first.
I'm in a similar position where my 900N struts are not quite enough. They were fine in the summer with the new lining but now it's cold they're struggling.

I’d take the 985s if you give me a price posted?

Ok, I've checked the struts I have on are definitely 985N.
I will take them off and check my others are fine, then we can work out a price, if thats ok?

Edit: Struts are off. Do you want pics before packing up?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back