Kewstoke9

Hi, we’ve just bought a t6.1 conversion, awaiting delivery in three weeks - family is very excited
Looking forward to spending lots of time in it over the coming months and years.
We have camped for many years but never in a campervan, so we have much to learn...

first question of many for me... has anyone any advice from a security perspective? I know the vehicle has an alarm but is there another layer of protection I could/should consider.
Thanks, and looking forward to joining in the forum.
Cheers
Phil

Hi and Welcome
I would recommend that you find a local installer and get an Autowatch Ghost fitted. It is an additional immobiliser that uses a code of your choice entered by the buttons on dash/steering wheel and will prevent it being started even if a thief has got your keys.

Welcome ....After emptying the bank account for the sake of my poor van ...it’s wise to consider security ..I use a steering wheel lock as visual deterrent...but I’ve heard lots of good stuff about the Ghost system

Happy camping :thumbsup:

Hi and Welcome
I would recommend that you find a local installer and get an Autowatch Ghost fitted. It is an additional immobiliser that uses a code of your choice entered by the buttons on dash/steering wheel and will prevent it being started even if a thief has got your keys.
Much appreciated, thanks I’ll take a look at that

Welcome ....After emptying the bank account for the sake of my poor van ...it’s wise to consider security ..I use a steering wheel lock as visual deterrent...but I’ve heard lots of good stuff about the Ghost system

Happy camping :thumbsup:
Thanks much appreciated

I’ve got a Ghost and a Disklok.
The Disklok is there as a visual deterrent, the Ghost will stop a thief stealing the van but it won’t stop them damaging it getting in. I figured if they see the Disklok it may stop them breaking into the van in the first place.

I’ve got a Ghost and a Disklok.
The Disklok is there as a visual deterrent, the Ghost will stop a thief stealing the van but it won’t stop them damaging it getting in. I figured if they see the Disklok it may stop them breaking into the van in the first place.
Thanks for this, good advice

I've also got Ghost II installed. It means I get a good night's sleep not worrying about someone nicking the van. I also back that up with a steering lock and a pedal lock just to add another obstacle to those wholly intent on stealing it.
The Ghost also gave me a 50 quid reduction to my insurance policy.

Stoplock Pro
Sparesaver for the spare wheel (do a search on the forum) :thumbsup:

And welcome to the forum, we're very good at spending your money!

Welcome to T6F..

More info here..

I've also got Ghost II installed. It means I get a good night's sleep not worrying about someone nicking the van. I also back that up with a steering lock and a pedal lock just to add another obstacle to those wholly intent on stealing it.
The Ghost also gave me a 50 quid reduction to my insurance policy.
Thanks for the advice

Can anyone help please new to the forum . Have just had a T6 Trendline converted into a campervan and want to ensure that some tea leaf doesn't manage to steal it before I get to enjoy it so planned to have Autowatch Ghost 2 immobiliser installed. I am based in Cheshire. Are there any issues with installation on a T6 and any recommended installers I could try please.

I called up Ghost Installations Ghost Immobiliser | Expert Autowatch Fitting | Ghost Installations last week and just had it installed at home (Stockport) this morning, only took about an hour or so. The installer took his time to explain the setup as there were a few things to remember when it comes to the setting up/service mode but it's all in the instruction manual. Happy with the efficient and professional service, would recommend.

Back