New Highway Code Rules

Just going for a bike ride. I’ll check back in later if I survive! :eek:
Survived but cut up by a T6 driver! Nearly clipped me he was so close when he went past even though there was no oncoming traffic. If only there was rules against that sort of thing!:)

What’s the point in rules anyway if they aren’t enforced?!

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
The new rules don't come into play until Saturday, so we are all still fair game.

Gosh this bloke likes the sound of his own voice doesn't he?
He's says nothing useful using as many words as possible!
I think that the whole thing is absurd anyway as the rules are an attempt to make common sense law (and we all know how that went when they have to legislate lockdown rules for the f*ckw*tts who couldn't follow guidance and then got upset when stupid nonsensical laws were passed in a rush!)
Most people drive according to the new rules anyway and those that don't are either very unobservant or ignorant wa***rs!
So, the new Highway Code essentially states "pay attention" and don't be a selfish wa**er! I can't see why that is an issue! :)

(and we all know how that went when they have to legislate lockdown rules for the f*ckw*tts who couldn't follow guidance and then got upset when stupid nonsensical laws were passed in a rush!)
don't start me off on the PM again!!

:laugh::laugh:

Both yesterday and today, I've been given plenty of room when being overtaken on my bike. On more than one occasion the overtakee has been so far over with traffic coming the other way that there's been a fair bit of horn blaring.

It seems that there is still the impatience to overtake at all costs tho'.

Both yesterday and today, I haven’t noticed any difference, most people allow sufficient space and wait for an appropriate space to overtake but a few haven’t and one was so close he nearly took the paint off my chains stays!

YouTube guy does make a point that this new rule is completely at odds with the way Guide Dogs are trained.
They have had it ingrained into them not to lead their handler out in front of traffic whether it is stopped or not (except at designated crossings for obvious reasons) so I can see a mexican standoff going off if it's a blind person with a guide dog at the pavement edge, likely with lots of shouting and gesticulating from the car driver.

An observation from today. I'm following a school of motoring car through town. He indicates to turn left, there is a fella walking along the left hand pavement in the same direction as us nearly at the junction. As the learner is about to turn left he stops to wait for the pedestrian to cross, but he doesn't, he turns left too and carries on down the pavement without putting so much as a little toe near the road.

An observation from today. I'm following a school of motoring car through town. He indicates to turn left, there is a fella walking along the left hand pavement in the same direction as us nearly at the junction. As the learner is about to turn left he stops to wait for the pedestrian to cross, but he doesn't, he turns left too and carries on down the pavement without putting so much as a little toe near the road.
Yes, the imbecile who made these new rules has probably never actually driven anything.

Back