Campsite Rules

EAN

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I’ve been looking for a campsite in The Gower Pennisula.
During my search, I’ve found:
A campsite that accepts both Motorhomes and Campervans but wants to add a surcharge of £10 for a campervan above the price of a much larger Motorhome. NO WAY, moving on.
A campsite that specifically welcomes Transporters and has specific fields for them but with a height limit of 2.3m excluding pop top, but you can still use your pop top. If your transporter is higher you can’t. And if you have a different make of campervan to VW you can’t.
Now I can understand the last rule :slow rofl:
Has anyone else come across rules that don’t appear to make that much sense commercially or otherwise?

A campsite that accepts both Motorhomes and Campervans but wants to add a surcharge of £10 for a campervan above the price of a much larger Motorhome.
that £10 applies to the awning element , but still don't understand it

A campsite that accepts both Motorhomes and Campervans but wants to add a surcharge of £10 for a campervan above the price of a much larger Motorhome.
that £10 applies to the awning element , but still don't understand it
Oh yes, the asterisk passed me by:
Can’t see any difference between an awning on a Motorhome or caravan and a campervan.
Very expensive site when you start adding everything up.

Oh yes, the asterisk passed me by:
Can’t see any difference between an awning on a Motorhome or caravan and a campervan.
Very expensive site when you start adding everything up.
Ahh, I missed that too. I guess if you have the awning, then you go on a larger pitch.

We did stay on a site overlooking Morecambe Bay once, great location, which had very few rules, was cheap, and available. They didn’t have much of a system for collecting the fee, so we paid £3.00 for the night. It was an experience, and maybe £2.50 more than it was worth.

CAMC sites that have a ‘must arrive by 5.30pm’ or whatever. Yes, I have a job, so even if I still lived in Kendal I’m not going to get to the Kendal site before curfew. Booking 6 months in advance to pay £60 to spend Friday night in the lay-by? Yes please!

My favourite campsite was Camping Pierre d’Ortaz in Chamonix in the 90s. Sadly it closed for ‘reasons of security and hygiene’, which was ironic really as it had none of either.

With the camping and caravanning club on some sites atleast you can have a grass no electric pitch (the cheapest which I usually pick) if you have a caravan and car, but not if you have a campervan? You have to have a more expensive hardstanding pitch.

Nicholaston Farm on the Gower is nice, they have two fields, one slightly slopey (general camping) and a smaller one (which is usually booked up) we satyed there to be fairly close to 3 cliffs bay, but actually the beach at the bottom of their site was better to me

Another vote here for Nicholaston Farm.
One proviso is that it's quite a long scramble down a soft sandy path to get to the beaches and coast path otherwise excellent

Last edited:
Reactions: EAN
Back