Sold New Brembo 6pot Calipers, carrier, pads and discs - cost £1,600, asking £1,350

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Boy

VIP Member
Brembo Big brake kit with new calipers, carriers, pads and 375mm discs, adapted for Transporter T6/T6.1 - cost me £1,600 so looking for £1,350. Open to offers, just nothing silly !!

No longer required as bought new van and got a different plan.

Happy to advertise on the forum initially, before I advertise elsewhere.

Thanks

Edit: It is recommended that you have 20" wheels to ensure there is enough clearance for the calipers

IMG_2893[1].JPGIMG_2896[1].JPG

IMG_2894[1].JPG

Last edited:
@T Boy is in Windsor it seems.

- if you hover your cursor over the username their details come up :thumbsup:

Is slotting discs a recommended modification?
According to Brembo website, "The presence of holes (Brembo Xtra) or slots (Brembo Max) on a brake disc is a guarantee of better grip and certainly a more responsive and effective braking system. This effect is due to the surface of the holes or slots which ensure, especially in the initial braking phases, better performance thanks to a higher friction coefficient than that of standard discs."

According to Brembo website, "The presence of holes (Brembo Xtra) or slots (Brembo Max) on a brake disc is a guarantee of better grip and certainly a more responsive and effective braking system. This effect is due to the surface of the holes or slots which ensure, especially in the initial braking phases, better performance thanks to a higher friction coefficient than that of standard discs."
i meant slotting the wheel bolt holes.

Apologies for misunderstanding. However, I don’t know whether it is a ‘recommended modification’

112 to 120 PCD mod?
Yes, as an engineer / machinist it seems like an odd thing to do. If it is allowed at all I would have thought drilling holes equal distance between the existing would be the better option.

Yes, as an engineer / machinist it seems like an odd thing to do. If it is allowed at all I would have thought drilling holes equal distance between the existing would be the better option.
Why?

The bolt holes don't do anything, they are bigger than the wheel bolt thread anyway. The disc is secured by the clamping force between the wheel and the hub.

Ha ha ha….. not another one of those hijacked forum threads… nice quality Brembo brake set up though…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back