New and rather excited!!!!

@Roadrunner so that is the real reason for your colour choice, it would look so wrong in other than sparkling clean condition. Weather check each time before taking it out may be necessary. She is a beauty.

Welcome to the forum @KombiKommando you have come to the right place for info on spec for your van , this forum is great with lots of helpful lads and girls.
Can get very addictive though that tight wallet might not be so tight once you take delivery and start modding

hypothetically speaking........ how easy is it to get my stock bumpers colour coded.........? could i do it myself?

@KombiKommando , unless you have access to automotive paint (water based base coats and 2k primers and laquer, as well as plastic primers) then not really mate.

Easy for a shop to do it though. Might get a better price just taking the units off and then refitting after paintwork, but be careful not to scratch them. Take vehicle to them for colour match though, don't just ask for black (there's many a shade!) ;):):whistle::thumbsup:

@KombiKommando , unless you have access to automotive paint (water based base coats and 2k primers and laquer, as well as plastic primers) then not really mate.

Easy for a shop to do it though. Might get a better price just taking the units off and then refitting after paintwork, but be careful not to scratch them. Take vehicle to them for colour match though, don't just ask for black (there's many a shade!) ;):):whistle::thumbsup:
mmm food for thought! so, what d'ya reckon the damage would be to get a shop to do them......?

Not sure if this is relevant to you but the black bumpers that come fitted are one piece bumper/grille and not the same as the factory colour coded ones that are two separate pieces
This is not really a problem but it does mean that you cannot fit the caravelle grille/DRLs/lower grille chrome strips etc if this is the road you want to go down as they are not compatible

@KombiKommando , not sure as mainly do my own paint and for friends.. New panels loose I'd charge £200 to £300 for.. That's the pair on the vehicle afterwards, I have a VERY specific way of doing bumpers that is not the norm, and my trade secret, but they NEVER peel afterwards! And are also glass smooth!

The solid grey? It contrasts lovely with gloss black.
ummm...... just checked my order sheet. colour is listed as 'flat grey'?? now im paranoid that its not the kinda grey i think i ordered! Yulp! i wanted the what VW call 'Pure Grey' (not 'Iridium Grey') have the dealership messed up? feck feck feck feck feck..............

Both of them are t5s though haven't the colours changed for the t6?
Just looked there is pure grey which I've listed as flat grey my mistake and indium which is mettalic.

Back