New and rather excited!!!!

KombiKommando

Dogger
T6 Guru
As a grown man i really shouldnt be this excited but I've just ordered my first VW. After much deliberation and a tight wallet, I've gone for an entry level Kombi T30 Startline. Idea being i will slowly upgrade over the next year. If anyone has an idea of what to do with my new van, let me know. I fully intend to use it as a daily user AND EU touring with the family (mrs +2). Im already looking at awnings, getting the bumpers redone, changing the standard wheels............

Welcome to the Forum @KombiKommando and the world of VW. You should have a good nose round because you will soon realise that there are many members with widely differing experience and knowledge willing to offer help and advice if asked. There are trade members too who freely offer their advice and guidance as well as many who have gone down the same route that you intend to follow. You will need to define your priorities and order of work to prevent undoing items to progress with further work. I know from personal experience that a van can be cold at night for camping and my suggestion for the first task is to sound deaden and thermally insulate the van and consider carpeting the side and rear walls and panels and insulate and line the rear roof at the same time. If you want additional electrics in the back it makes sense to get it done at the same time. @slidepods has recently done a member's van and there is an extensive thread on this with photos. The member, @Thogg, has posted details of the costs involved as well as a review of the process. Good luck and enjoy your van.

Good man, it's fully acceptable to be excited! What colour did you go for?

Welcome buddy....... will look forward to seeing your upgrades as you go!!

Welcome... I advise locking your wallet and credit card away because anyone at "senior member" or above on this forum has only one aim... and that's to help you spend lots and lots of cash!!
P.S. - @slidepods do an excellent job.
If you haven't gone to a confirmed build date yet there is still loads of time to add extras....

Welcome... I advise locking your wallet and credit card away because anyone at "senior member" or above on this forum has only one aim... and that's to help you spend lots and lots of cash!!
P.S. - @slidepods do an excellent job.
If you haven't gone to a confirmed build date yet there is still loads of time to add extras....
its being built now. delivery in 10-14 weeks they say!? i am definately NOT adding extras. an avalanche starts with a single snow flake..........lol

its being built now. delivery in 10-14 weeks they say!? i am definately NOT adding extras. an avalanche starts with a single snow flake..........lol
It's easy to get carried away with extras but if you are planning on doing European tours, it may be worth adding air-con from the beginning. All other add-ons can be added as you go- not so easy with a/c!

It's easy to get carried away with extras but if you are planning on doing European tours, it may be worth adding air-con from the beginning. All other add-ons can be added as you go- not so easy with a/c!
ha ha already added the air con! that was a must.

Reactions: CRD
Back