New 12v socket has killed 2 USB adaptors [Resolved]

Try probing the connector with that screwdriver and again touching the end ( o er ) and touching the body earth point, did you wire this in ? Nothing like using a common wire colour for earth

an interesting collection of wire colours there.

you need a multimeter to tell you way around the wires go.

you can try swapping them over . . . (they have to go one way or the other right =] )

I wouldn’t personally I’d check,
agreed . . . but im thinking if that socket blew two USB plugs . . . then its very possible the feed is reversed. . .

so making an assumption that the wires are crossed.

and thinking he either needs to pay for someone to look at at . .

or pay to buy a multimeter . . . and fix it himself.

i wonder if writing this has given him enough time to test it?

:whistle: :sleep:o_O:grin bounce::grin bounce::grin bounce::grin bounce::grin bounce::mexican wave:

Ok....bear with me.
Swapped the wires....it works now but the other 12v now don't !
What does this tell me !! Be gentle

so the only thing you done was swap these to over?

1616960180904.png

id shut the doors, lock the van.

then open and reset the points to see what's working.

Do the others work when this one is in use I wonder if someone has broke into the wire somewhere

I don’t think that there is much more that we can do remotely. It needs someone on site to look at it.

Pete

After swapping the 'faulty' socket wire back to how they were, it stopped working again, as I expected however the working socket also stopped working.
As @Dellmassive suggested, powered down and locked doors.
Put it all on again and it's back to how it was, faulty in rear, fine in mid-cab.

Will give the converter a bell in the morning, thanks for all your fine efforts guys

After swapping the 'faulty' socket wire back to how they were, it stopped working again, as I expected however the working socket also stopped working.
As @Dellmassive suggested, powered down and locked doors.
Put it all on again and it's back to how it was, faulty in rear, fine in mid-cab.

Will give the converter a bell in the morning, thanks for all your fine efforts guys
Nice to see the converter tested their work

Terminals wired wrong way around.....all sorted amicably by converter with free LED steplight bulb installed. Thanks for all the advice. Multimeter added to Xmas wish list

Back