Need help identifying code meaning [Resolved].

Samro

VIP Member
T6 Legend
After way too long fannying about with checking fuses, I wondered if anyone could help me identify fault 460035, which I believe relates to me inoperative rear heater on my T6.1
Anyone able to shed any light in what I should do next?
1648317076116.jpeg

Does anyone on this forum know if this code would mean anything to a vw dealer? I am wondering if Carista generates its own fault codes or if the code is the same that it would be in more professional diagnostic kit?

Have you tapped on the code to see what it brings up?
With it being a 6.1 I would have thought it is still inside warranty period, take it back to VW or call VW assist for a service engineer to investigate.

Last edited:
I called VW Assist and they told me to book it in with a dealer. I will do that, but wondered if anyone may be able to shed some light to possibly save a trip to the dealer.

Does anyone on this forum know if this code would mean anything to a vw dealer?
Probably nothing as dealers don't have listings of fault codes vs. actual fault. They would need to hook up the ODIS (the OEM diagnosis tool).
I am wondering if Carista generates its own fault codes or if the code is the same that it would be in more professional diagnostic kit?
No, Carista doesn't use own codes. However, Carista seems sometimes to misinterpret the actual codes.
For this one I would use VCDS (or OBDeleven) to get the actual code with a verbal interpretation.
identify fault 460035,
Possibly a misinterpretation - as Google doesn't find any occurrences of this code.

Fault remedied by my local VW Dealer (Breeze Commercial) who I have to say were fantastic.
Fault found to be crushed wires in centre of headliner which control the rear heater. These were crushed at time of original assembly.
Crushed sections cut out and replaced.

Back