Need A Favour From Someone With 16" Alloys Fitted

minmax89

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi everyone!

Who of you out there has 16" alloys and standard suspension in a lwb panel van?

I'm wondering would you mind taking a couple of measurements for me. I'm looking for the measurement from centre of hub/wheel to the wheel arch, front and rear. I did do it and thought it was 46cm on the front (but only made a mental not and now questioning it).

Reason being,
I had 16" alloys on with standard suspension. I've just had Bilstein So Low kit fitted on their highest setting with 17" banded steels. According to the guys at Transporter HQ, this should be a drop of around 80mm. The max (lowest) out the box is 100mm front, 130mm rear.
But I've measured the front and I'm getting 34cm from centre of hub to top of wheel. This would make a drop of about 120mm! and its on the highest setting.

Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing and the suspension works really well and for the most part I love it. However there's one thing that is bugging me. Every time I put it in reverse the front parking sensors are going nuts! So I'd like to raise it ever so slightly. So I'm trying to work out if I've had them fitted a little wrong. So I need to check measurements first.

Thanks a mill all!

Adam

1.jpg

IMG_1839.JPG

IMG_1840.JPG

IMG_1841.JPG

IMG_1842.JPG

Back