My barn doors are scratched has anyone carpeted door frames.

Nosnittap

VIP Member
Has anyone else carpeted around the whole of the barn door frame? Mine has windows fitted. Plus I've bought the tidy panels from Kiravan.

How badly scratched are they? Could you try a vinyl wrap instead of carpet?
I’ll take a photo. The van is 2018 so is fairly new. I don’t want to paint them as it would look crap. Maybe I could get them spray painted.

And getting a clean edge on the carpet that doesn't look odd when doors are open.

The person that owned it before drilled holes in the door frame. I painted the holes with anti rust paint and I’m putting van shades on all the windows so the frames should help cover up some of the crap

I don't like the fully carpeted look, always looks a mess in my opinion on both tailgate and barn door models.

I can’t see in vanstyles listing where it states barn door only.

John.
@Rioja John
I think you are misunderstanding what the op wants.
As per my previous post, those black plastic covers don't fit 'to' the barn doors, they fit in the rear of the van either side the tailgate/barndoor opening. Irrelevant whether they fit tailgate or barn door types (they fit both by the way) as its nothing to do with what the op wants to cover up....

Presumably their to hold in a piece of ply?

Don't think you can see it once the vanshades are in, will have a look at mine when it stops raining.

Pics here, bear in mind I installed them wrong, when I went back to Vanshades they installed them properly, so they probably sit further back into the recess.

Back