My attempt at a high end audio install

Door pocket or over head console

Got a few hours spare this morning took some trial and error however we're getting there

Amp mounting

Started with a piece of wood which looked like this after trimming
20220913_120840.jpg
Mounted some legs on the underside screwed and bonded with a 2 part activated glue

Next bit I forgot to photograph but it was a simple wrap over with suedeliner

Then I mounted the power distribution block which got me to this
20220913_131305.jpg

Finally just mocked up amp placement before reinstalling seat and tidying up 20220913_131321.jpg

Anyone who's be able to help. I'm stalling with the system as it's been a while since I installed amplifiers nevermind such complex ones.
My questions are

Is there a remote cable or switched 12v I can use to auto power on the amplifier
Secondly the van has 2 speakers at current fl and fr now, am I right in assuming I tap into these cables on the wiring loom. Then use these as high level inputs for the amp.

If this is the case are 2 channels enough to make this thing work its magic as in providing outputs for 4 speakers and a sub output to the mono amplifier .

Or does audiso require one channel in to every channel out?
Thank you guys

Had a few hours today to crack on with the van, time is moving on quick, I'm awaiting an operation within the next few weeks so want this done!
Removed the stereo today and snipped off the rear speaker outputs from the head unit, I've added spade connectors so in the future if I sell the van its a case of clip the standard loom back together and jobs done.

20221003_113120.jpg

Next job was wiring up, I've ran the power and ground to the distribution box however got stuck there as the 4awg cable is too big for the amps, so tonight i got some jump cables to use the wire to run power and ground from the distribution blocks to the amps.

under that piece of wood is the official spaghetti junction. All I need to do to get the amp running is connect the two gold cables you can see to the high level input loom, if I'm right when the stereo is on the amp should detect this and auto power on amp is a forza 8.9 bit so anyone with experience hit me up if I'm going the wrong way about this.
speaker output loom is all bridged and connected to all 4 corners, i should be able to push 250w per corner.

oh also got my caravelle step on, and painted the b pillars matt black

20221003_140522.jpg

Finally I've had this box custom built for my 12" audison voce subwoofer, the chap has built the box to the specification of the manufacturer so hopefully it will sound awesome being as anal as I am I've sound deadened and applied acoustic foam all around the inside of the subwoofer box.

Fixing wise im simply gonna ratchet strap it to the floor, easy to remove if needed and no sliding

20221003_204252.jpg20221003_204300.jpg20221003_204330.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
I've PM'd you mate it'll be easier for me to give some advice on the phone

Firstly a big shout out to @davfor taking the time to talk to me about my system, its much appreciated sir

Well it's still not ready however I've finally finished and installed both rear speaker pods!

Front speakers are all reinstalled, removed crossover as per @davreccpmendations and reran additional cables sp front mids and tweeters will all be on their own channels on the amp

New loom ran from headunit to amp for 4 speaker outputs/inputs

I've ordered a new headunit that also supports optical so you've guessed it, ran that cable too just in case!

Getting on with the amp board, power cables installed and link cable from the ap8.9 to the ap1d

Also installed the control cables so the remote out from the forza is on the remote in for the ap1d, just need to wire the remote from headunit to amp and we should be nearly good to go.

Here's how the board looks as we speak
20221012_110721.jpg

Firstly a big shout out to @davfor taking the time to talk to me about my system, its much appreciated sir

Well it's still not ready however I've finally finished and installed both rear speaker pods!

Front speakers are all reinstalled, removed crossover as per @davreccpmendations and reran additional cables sp front mids and tweeters will all be on their own channels on the amp

New loom ran from headunit to amp for 4 speaker outputs/inputs

I've ordered a new headunit that also supports optical so you've guessed it, ran that cable too just in case!

Getting on with the amp board, power cables installed and link cable from the ap8.9 to the ap1d

Also installed the control cables so the remote out from the forza is on the remote in for the ap1d, just need to wire the remote from headunit to amp and we should be nearly good to go.

Here's how the board looks as we speak
View attachment 175745
I think you tried tagging me lol no problem mate was good to speak to you. Running active will give you great control over the crossover points in the long run it'll make for a better system buddy.

How easy/hard was the suede lining? Looks spot on that does.
to be fair after the first piece its quite easy, nice to work with and its not an exact science so to speak. Just a good clean and decontaminate, hit it with spray glue and lay it on nice and easy and stretchy too!

Hello
Are you planning/able to use the new Audison DRC AC remote control with your setup?
I've just installed one (replacing the dash cigar socket - looks neat) hooked up to my Forza M5.11 bit but haven't programmed it to turn the amp on/off yet.

collegamento-DRC-AC (1).png

Back