My Achtung Camper

Sunwhite

Here is my T6, latest in a long line of VW campers

new van.jpg

1st a 1965 T1, split screen, barn doors, 1500cc motor. Manual
2nd a 1972 T2 bay window, pop top, 1600 cc motor. Manual
3rd a 1990 T3 water cooled, fuel injected, 2.1L motor. Automatic. Conversion was by Trakka Australia.

Finally the 2017 2L diesel manual. Conversion is by 'Achtung Campers' in Vic Australia and I am impressed by the quality and workmanship. The dog is very pleased too.
Once I work out how to live with, get used too, or disable the irritating beeps, buzzes, warning lights and stop starts I will be happy too. :)
It is however a real pleasure to drive on the open road.
Cheers, Brian

Hi Brian, I have a T6 converted by Achtung also. Had the van for 4 years and had conversion done in June 2018. Still looking good, everything still working fine.
Been up to Cairns and Northern Territory on extended trips and was a good setup to live out of.
Enjoy your camper. Mick

Hopefully your restrictions are over as soon as possible, we have little outbreaks of covid continually but are able to contain them ( so far) lately.

It is a great place to explore, we took the T3 up to Darwin in 2015. I grew up in the North of England so I'm still fascinated by the outback. Unfortunately,( or perhaps fortunately health wise), due to Covid state borders are opening and closing like the mouth of a fish out of water. but fingers crossed that will improve.

Ayers rock.jpg

Ayers Rock, I think it will outlast Covid. :)

Cheers, Brian

Hi Brian, I have a T6 converted by Achtung also. Had the van for 4 years and had conversion done in June 2018. Still looking good, everything still working fine.
Been up to Cairns and Northern Territory on extended trips and was a good setup to live out of.
Enjoy your camper. Mick
Thanks Mick; we had our first trip up to Echuca on the Murray just before Christmas. Hope to head away in Feb or March for a few weeks, Covid permitting.
Cheers, Brian

I wanted to fit some sort of fly-screen to the side door on the T6 but the cheapest I could find on line cost about $300 fitted.
Then I found a Chinese made DIY kit at Bunnings for $20 which may be of interest for Australian members. The top and sides are fixed in place with velcro whilst the bottom and centre opening close with magnetic strips.
I had to adjust the width slightly but otherwise it fitted quick and easy and looks pretty good. Apart from stick on velcro there was no modification required to the vehicle.

Brian

I wanted to fit some sort of fly-screen to the side door on the T6 but the cheapest I could find on line cost about $300 fitted.
Then I found a Chinese made DIY kit at Bunnings for $20 which may be of interest for Australian members. The top and sides are fixed in place with velcro whilst the bottom and centre opening close with magnetic strips.
I had to adjust the width slightly but otherwise it fitted quick and easy and looks pretty good. Apart from stick on velcro there was no modification required to the vehicle.

Brian
Could you post a photo of the fly screen please. I would like to have something similar up here in the Highlands, as the Midgies are awful in the warmer months.

I have attached 3 photos of the 'magnetic fly screen' as requested. The screen has a continuous piece of velcro along the top.
To give better access I cut the the strip on the screen in the middle so the two halves could be rolled back and tied out of the way when not needed; this is shown in the first photo.
The second photo shows the screen in normal use. The magnetic strips keep it closed but it is easy to push through even when your hands are full; our dog could easily do it although she hasn't worked it out yet.
The product name is 'Pillar' and the size I choose was 160cms X 200cms. Stick on Velcro is supplied for the top and sides but I found it was helpful to have some extra velcro for the sides

1614571504087.jpeg

1614571539029.jpeg

1614571577925.jpeg

That looks like a cracking setup, i will have to look into finding something similar over here.

Back