MTEC brake discs

Pewt

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Has anyone used MTEC brake discs before? They seem to cheap to be true at £104.99 fronts and £74.99 rear per pair.

Last edited:
In my experience you get what you pay for with brakes, if you want to go cheap to get an MOT and flog it then budget might be an option.
I always fit Brembo as there are some good deals with Carparts4less (eurocarparts) every now and then.
I wouldn’t get drawn in by grooves, slots and holes.

Reactions: Loz
+1 for that. Brakes are not an area I personally would look to cut corners on. (that and tyres)
Brembo are not much more when you get them in a sale, I got my brake parts from GSF, helps they are just down the road

1666255558874.png

Personally used MTEC discs on other vehicles over the years, and never had a problem.

Anyone else used mtec on our vans ?
Also , any difference in the brakes on caravelle or kombi if both are 340 / big brakes ? ( caravelle seem same sizes but have a cheaper listing).

I've been running them for almost 6 months with Brembo 6 pots and had no issues at all :thumbsup:

1701512782917.png

I've used mtec discs and mintex pads on 2 cars , mine and my son's I had both on the optional coatings .
All discs that had coating came off within 2 months and the wear rate on the discs was pretty dismal .
Would not buy them again !! They are cheap yes , but you get what you pays for .
Currently I use brembo and Zimmerman discs and mintex pads !! Been on the car 4 years and are only now showing any sign of wear or corrosion on the coatings over 20k milage .

On my car I also have the slotted and dimple discs front and rear , and some people find them noisy but I can't say I have had any sort of noise problems on mine . This may be of some interest !!
The brake set up is absolutely superb and stops progressively,and a must for high performance and high load carrying such as the t6 .
BTW my t6 has Porsche big brakes on the front with pretty much the same spec and the performance has awesome stopping power and we'll worth the cost .

I went with brembos . Not too bad price from ecp. Nearside disc had warped / bubbled towards the hub, probably due to a sticking calliper . One corner done today , tomorrow for the other . Been -6 at times here today

Back