Motorbike Drip Tray?

Grim Reaper

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Didn’t know whether to put this in ‘interiors’ or not but I am looking for a ‘whole bike’ drip tray to put in the van when I have the bike in there to catch any drops of mud/water/oil etc while it is in transit.
A softish rubber one would be ideal so I can get the bike onto it without damaging it, about 2m long and 50cm wide. Idea is to bolt the front wheel chock through it so it stays in place and keeps the rest of the van clean so I can put the seats back in when I’m not using it as a bike carrier and not have to do a full valet job every time.
I might give one of the UK manufacturers a call and see if they either do one already or would think about making one, I’m sure I'm not the only one who could use something like this for when they are transporting off road bikes in their van.

I have thought about this, but am coming to the conclusion I will just use a trailer.

I use the standard rubber mat floor but I could do with something better. I used to have a trailer but with the increase in people following you home to then come back and nick your bikes, using the van is best. It's one reason why I brought the van,

I've taken some measurements and would be looking at a tray 6 feet by 2 feet (180cm x 60cm)
Someone has suggested a butyl rubber pond liner welded to give a lip all around, not sure how they would get the lip to stay vertical all along the edges but I might look into it and see if it's possible.
Otherwise, does anyone know who makes the drip trays already on the market?
I saw one advertised by Fuzz off Car SOS as being made in England but it was only 120cm x 55cm and it won't cover the whole length of the bike to catch drips off the exremities.
The Giant Drip Tray is our largest model for larger cars
Might be able to weld two of them together with a plastic welding kit though...

I suppose you could make a rectangular wooden frame and then attach the pond liner to that.

Back