MOT: do to have to refit my rear seats in my Kombi?

It's a few years since I was an MOT tester but it used to be that a passenger seat couldn't be tested if it wasn't fitted. The current MOT testers manual is available on Gov.uk website so would be worth checking there.

It's a few years since I was an MOT tester but it used to be that a passenger seat couldn't be tested if it wasn't fitted. The current MOT testers manual is available on Gov.uk website so would be worth checking there.
Thanks mate
Cheers mate...

Independent, but he's got a reputation for being a "by the book" man. (I'm happy with that, I got mine done during the MOT extension period, when I didn't have to)

Hi mate, just to add, were your seat belts still fitted...?
I just went to have a look! The two either side are fitted to the van, so yes they were present (but not the socket part, that's part of the seat) and the centre seat belt is part of the seat so wasn't present. Mine has the three seats together, weighs a ton!

I just went to have a look! The two either side are fitted to the van, so yes they were present (but not the socket part, that's part of the seat) and the centre seat belt is part of the seat so wasn't present. Mine has the three seats together, weighs a ton!
Ah brilliant, than a for that, yeah I didn't fancy lugging them back in...:)

Back