Mini Cooper seats - similar size to T6

Merryman

Retired
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi,
There is a chap called James in Chelmsford selling a pair of White / Cream ( Great Colour) Mini Cooper seats on eBay. The rail width is 40cm and length is 34cm so pretty close to a T5 Rail.
The reference is 265103204279 Mini Cooper R59 Roadster. They are still at the start price as of 2.30 Wed 31/3/21 at a whopping 99pence. I would have gone for them but have just sourced a pair of BMW 3 series which hope will match. Failing for the van would make great Kids Game Seats. Anyway hope they go to someone as 99p is ridiculous.

Hi.
Well I still have them. The problem was on taking the seats to be adapted to fit the T5 rails. The fitter pointed out that the airbag, seat belt and electrics was 7.5volt on the BMW, and therefore not compatible. Requiring a voltage converter, and possibly a conflict with the ECU sensors etc. Which in turn would negate an insurance claim in the event of an accident. So paid £950 for a single seat in the same material, and will have a repair to the drivers seat next week, with a Norwich upholsterer.
So the BMW in leather are excellent, but of no darn use.
Hope that helps, perhaps needs confirming with a 'sparkie; near to you.
Let us know how you get on. As it's a very common to do wish list, for many owners.

Today I finished fitting a pair of Mini seats to my 2017 T6, an inexpensive and straight forwards exercise..Really like them, very easy to swivel especially with the 'fold forwards' function and compact but comfortable in the cab. Only task to do was drill 2 new holes in the swivel base for the rear bolts. Used the seat belt receiver from original drivers seat so no hassles. seats were £20 from breakers...OK, no arm rest but I can live with that

603AFEBF-3A00-4873-96C6-5A9B2C07562E.jpeg40B4A9E0-6DA8-4943-B20A-F6AA58AED535.jpeg55F3E6D8-AE22-441F-B608-0DC06DA5B3AA.jpeg

E5D41ED4-A90E-44B4-8BC5-E05B7875FAA2.jpeg

F609CDF2-ECB9-43EC-AB9D-4445CF83904F.jpeg

If there was an armrest version, that would be a handy mod. Easy swivel is a big benefit, especially if the flip forward bit has memory

Hi @JohnA
super interesting upgrade. can I confirm please - do the front fittings bolt straight in and was it a case of the rears were just slightly out of line.
i assume that the runners are the same width apart as the original VW seats In order for this to work?
does this apply to all mini seats or just a certain type?
thanks in advance!

Hi @JohnA
super interesting upgrade. can I confirm please - do the front fittings bolt straight in and was it a case of the rears were just slightly out of line.
i assume that the runners are the same width apart as the original VW seats In order for this to work?
does this apply to all mini seats or just a certain type?
thanks in advance!
Rob, the Mini seat rails are the same width as the VW T5/6, the front holes bolted straight in, the rear ones were no quite so far back so I just drilled them at the correct place. I had two sets of Mini seats which were identical dimensions.....

Thanks @JohnA , really helpful.
Could I also ask about electrics - did you have any to worry about or were the seats fully manual?
Did you attempt to do anything with seat airbags or just accept that you no longer have these? (i assume airbags are plug and play across different brands but could be wrong…)
Any issues on height of the seats or broadly similar to what came out?
Thank you!

I have a 2017 T6, the passenger seat has no electrical functions associated with it ie no sensors in the seat belt receivers or the seat, therefore nothing to deal with. The airbag is in the dashboard and remains functional, no airbag in original passenger the seat.

Under the passenger seat are a number of connectors and fuses in a mounting block, I managed to relocate them all into one block which was then secured to the front top edge of the seat base as the factory does with single seats

The drivers seat has a sensor in the seat belt receiver so I took the receiver off the original drivers seat and fitted it to the Mini seat therefore everything continues as before. You could just buy a receiver on eBay.. The drivers air bag is in the steering wheel and continues to function as before, no airbag in the original drivers seat.

The Mini seats I fitted had integrated airbags which I have not connected and in fact I removed all the wiring and airbag from one of the seats, not convinced that was necessary though.

Saw the thread and decided to go for a mini seat too the spacing on the one I got was 420mm wide, so made some box section adaptors (my van doesn’t have the swivels). The seat was from a 2021 countryman for reference.
IMG_2806.jpeg

Back