MFD Confusing me

Stricky

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi guys,

Had a search of the forum and can’t find any info regarding this on here, or in the handbook.

When I’m in first gear and pulling away the top right hand corner on the MFD shows a “P”

Second gear shows a “R”

Nothing in 3rd or 4th

Fifth shows a “D”

And Sixth an “S”

No gear numbers or telling me if I should be changing up or down etc.

Attached pics for info

Not sure what they mean or if somethings been messed with?

Thanks for any help

IMG_7683.jpeg

IMG_7684.jpeg

IMG_7685.jpeg

IMG_7686.jpeg

No, it’s a manual, but seems like the park, drive, reverse and sport symbols I would expect on a DSG
That's a weird one then. Has the dash cluster been changed or anyone had it plugged in to VCDS or similar? Has it always been like this, or is it a spontaneous thing that's just mysteriously appeared?

That's a weird one then. Has the dash cluster been changed or anyone had it plugged in to VCDS or similar? Has it always been like this, or is it a spontaneous thing that's just mysteriously appeared?
I’ve only had the van a few weeks and has been doing it since I got it, didn’t really pay attention at first.
Not sure if it’s been changed, or plugged into vcds previously, I’ve got OBDeleven but wouldn’t even know where to start on looking if someone’s messed with the coding on it

On second thoughts,
Someone has either changed the clocks or messed with the coding as it does a needle sweep on start up and I wouldn’t expect this from a 2017 startline t6

On second thoughts,
Someone has either changed the clocks or messed with the coding as it does a needle sweep on start up and I wouldn’t expect this from a 2017 startline t6
The needle sweep is enabled in the adaptations in VCDS, afaik it can be applied to any T6. However you could be right about the clocks being switched, I don't think the Startline comes with that spec MFD.

The needle sweep is enabled in the adaptations in VCDS, afaik it can be applied to any T6. However you could be right about the clocks being switched, I don't think the Startline comes with that spec MFD.
Yeah I know you can code them to do the sweep, so thought maybe someone messed with something else while they were adjusting that.

I can adjust all the settings in the mfd as I have the buttons on the wiper stalk, so it seems to match with the mfd, as weirdly the van also has the radar sensor on the front for front assist, so I think I would have come with this mfd so I can adjust the settings for that within the mfd

maybe try a reset first?

maybe try a reset first?

Thanks,
Looks like an easy first port of call, I’ll see how it goes when I get home

No such luck on the reset @Dellmassive

As much as I was hoping it was that simple, I’m thinking there’s coding for the clocks for manual/auto there been adjusted

Or the wrong clocks are in it

I’m gonna try and get hold of the guy I bought it from

No such luck on the reset @Dellmassive

As much as I was hoping it was that simple, I’m thinking there’s coding for the clocks for manual/auto there been adjusted

Or the wrong clocks are in it

I’m gonna try and get hold of the guy I bought it from
Can you get it plugged in to VCDS? There will be a member in your area willing to do it for beer tokens. Look in the VIP area for a VCDS/member map.

Can you get it plugged in to VCDS? There will be a member in your area willing to do it for beer tokens. Look in the VIP area for a VCDS/member map.
So there is someone on the map, but only one, it’s a camper conversion place and they’re not exactly helpful as they’re a trade member and I popped in there before and asked a couple of questions when I first got the van and they said they don’t give out any advice as it’s what they do for their business.

I’ve asked a mate and he’s borrowing a copy from someone else soon so I’ll get hold of that when he does

I have OBDeleven which is pretty handy for most things if you know what area I need to be looking at the coding

But vcds is on the purchase list @Salty Spuds

Last edited:
So I found under a couple of modules on the vcds coding guide in the VIP downloads that there is an option to select auto transmissions,

Such as module 13
Byte 02
Bit 4
Which is
Automatic Transmission installed

And all that I found either said manual transmission
Or automatic not installed

So it’s pointing me to the clocks being changed and not working as they should

Anyone else with anymore info?

Otherwise I’m thinking of ringing VW with the part number from the clocks and seeing what they say?

IMG_7809.jpeg

IMG_7808.jpeg

Looks like you own an ODBeleven.
Can you post your complete up to date AUTOSCAN.
Some guidance below, should you require any.
Thanks,
I'll try and get that done tomorrow, shall I post it here? Or DM it over to you?

Please post it here.
Has your Engine Control Unit been remapped/updated/modified?

Please post it here.
Has your Engine Control Unit been remapped/updated/modified?
Not as far as I’m aware, drives like I’d expect from a 150bhp

But I’ve only had the van a few weeks so the previous owner might have had bits done

Still trying to contact him to see if any coding/maps/parts have been fitted/modified

Back