Megavanmats roof hidden clips

willythepooh

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have just constructed my van ceiling and installed it.
Much to my dismay ( and previously my son’s ) the clips Megavanmats supply don’t do the job. They push into the holes around the edges OK, but the middle ones are chuffin useless. They push in and come back out.
The only saving grace was a strip of velcro in the centre.
This is a one piece construction by the way.
Not impressed because they’re not cheap.

Last edited:
I have just constructed my van ceiling and installed it.
Much to my dismay ( and previously my son’s ) the clips Megavanmats supply don’t do the job. They push into the holes around the edges OK, but the middle ones are chuffin useless. They push in and come back out.
The only saving grace was a strip of velcro in the centre.
This is a one piece construction by the way.
Not impressed because they’re not cheap.
They are designed just for the original panels not a 1 piece roof ..

What do I use then ?

20 x LONGER VW ROOF TRIM CLIPS These would be normally be used
MVMs also sell a simular type but these are designed for the cross beam the holes to these are different to the side holes 8mm what thickness is your new liner i take it you done away with the cross over bar

Car Trim Clips & Fasteners - Trade Prices - Vehicleclips.co.uk i got some really long 8.2 mm clips here but surface mounted trying to mount my Halo
think you might Need 8.7mm hole they might be able to help or have something you can Mod and put the button top under the carpet as a hidden clip but might just see a slight rise

but a handy site to know about. hope that helps in some way Nick

Last edited:
Yes, the cross over bar is no more. I used a strip of velcro there, clips everywhere else.
thinking of making the holes smaller somehow with some tough tape.
Problem is, if I take it down, the clips might not work again.
I think I might even Tiger seal the whole lot. Such fun !

B8C07AF9-BB4C-4848-8186-0A89E87F0C65.jpeg

Yes, the cross over bar is no more. I used a strip of velcro there, clips everywhere else.
thinking of making the holes smaller somehow with some tough tape.
Problem is, if I take it down, the clips might not work again.
I think I might even Tiger seal the whole lot. Such fun !

View attachment 85447
That looks better than mine! Great job! I never used the hidden clips on the roof as when I have the halo bit up you cant see them anyway.

20 x LONGER VW ROOF TRIM CLIPS These would be normally be used
MVMs also sell a simular type but these are designed for the cross beam the holes to these are different to the side holes 8mm what thickness is your new liner i take it you done away with the cross over bar

Car Trim Clips & Fasteners - Trade Prices - Vehicleclips.co.uk i got some really long 8.2 mm clips here but surface mounted trying to mount my Halo
think you might Need 8.7mm hole they might be able to help or have something you can Mod and put the button top under the carpet as a hidden clip but might just see a slight rise

but a handy site to know about. hope that helps in some way Nick
The roof is basically two pieces of thin ply, stuck together, but the hidden clips are sandwiched in a small excavated bowl shape between them. They can move so their easier to position.
I placed the old boards over the top of mine and checked their positions before I started.
It’s lined with slate grey suede.

After further investigation of the ceiling problem, I found this is a solution.
I got some rubber inserts, cut the top off them, placed them in the holes on the van and shoved the fir tree clip up inside.
They don’t come out and the one piece ceiling and lights are all fixed in place, never to move again.

263BABB7-D3FA-49F1-95E1-4057D3CF37D7.jpeg

After further investigation of the ceiling problem, I found this is a solution.
I got some rubber inserts, cut the top off them, placed them in the holes on the van and shoved the fir tree clip up inside.
They don’t come out and the one piece ceiling and lights are all fixed in place, never to move again.

View attachment 91912
@willythepooh can i ask where you got the rubber inserts from? Are you able to share the link if you bought online?

View attachment 116669
Tried these today but no dice. Feels super firm while test fitting a single one but not enough when trying to do the whole ceiling. Not being able to see the holes is a nightmare too so I think I’m just going to poke holes and use normal clips.

Back