Maxi cosi familyfix base help

Jimbo38

Firefighter
Hi everyone,

Please could someone help with a question I have. I really would like to buy a t6 caravelle as we are expecting twins and already have a 6 year old.

I need to know if the support leg on the isofix Maxi cosi familyfix base reaches the floor of the caravelle or can i buy a foam insert to make up the space?

I'm hoping it does fit as really want to join the t6 gang.

Thankyou in advance.

Thankyou everyone. That's a great help.

Just need to go look at a caravelle now and see what their like.

I feel more questions coming on!!

Do it. Have a velle and 3 year old twins after outgrowing a couple of other cars - it's perfect for carrying everything but still having spare space

Very versatile vehicle the caravelle is, move the triple to increase the boot space for the double buggy and all the gear that comes with twins, you won't be disappointed choosing a t6 caravelle :thumbsup:

Very versatile vehicle the caravelle is, move the triple to increase the boot space for the double buggy and all the gear that comes with twins, you won't be disappointed choosing a t6 caravelle :thumbsup:
I've wanted one for a long time but never had a legitimate reason. I'm hoping the wife will be sold on the idea once we have a look.
We also have a dog and enjoy camping holidays so space is very important. Plus I'll keep it for a good ten years or so so it has to be right.

Plus this forum is great so I need to get One!!

@Jimbo38 , just be aware that you've been bitten by the bug.. You now need to let the bank know and cancel all credit cards etc, as otherwise you will land up a lot poorer.. Most of us have ignored this advice, and are a lot poorer but happier, just don't let our other halfs know :rofl:

@Jimbo38 , just be aware that you've been bitten by the bug.. You now need to let the bank know and cancel all credit cards etc, as otherwise you will land up a lot poorer.. Most of us have ignored this advice, and are a lot poorer but happier, just don't let our other halfs know :rofl:
I have indeed. It started years ago with my mk2 golf gti.

Problem is I know exactly what t6 I want, spec, engine, gearbox and colour and modifications I would like and I haven't even looked at one yet!! ☺I can imagine it does get very expensive!

Do it...

Upgraded from a qashqai plus 2 to a vel. Love it. The ability to put puschair straight in the boot sold it for us. Kids love it as well.

Do it...

Upgraded from a qashqai plus 2 to a vel. Love it. The ability to put puschair straight in the boot sold it for us. Kids love it as well.
That's one if the things I'm hoping will impress my wife. Will be great for camping holidays too.

That's one if the things I'm hoping will impress my wife. Will be great for camping holidays too.
We used to struggle to get all of our kids sailing kit in the A6 avant. Now with the van everything and more goes in the back, and if only one of us and one of the moppets is going then the boat goes in the back as well. Just waiting for our ground sheet to arrive for our new drive away awning, then we are pretty much all sorted for the camping bit too.

A Cali Beach would be even better for camping ;-)

Admittedly it's not as posh as a Caravelle but it has does have 2 beds.

Either way make sure you get the parking heater. It's amazing!

A Cali Beach would be even better for camping ;-)

Admittedly it's not as posh as a Caravelle but it has does have 2 beds.

Either way make sure you get the parking heater. It's amazing!
With fear of sounding stupid, what's a parking heater and is an easy aftermarket install?

It's a diesel heater that runs seperate to the engine to give heating during engine off periods.. Approx £1500 to 2k aftermarket fit

Thanks @Jimbo38 ! Definitely loving the "new" cycling element - my daughter (aged 6) has only recently properly cracked cycling.

The Cali Ocean heater is a bit natty (in actually has two; a Webasto and an Esperbacher) - comes with a remote key fob so you can fire it up when you're not even in it. Or from bed if it gets cold. Also has a timer in case you want to have it on at a certain time. They've made it pretty quiet this time - the "whoosh" noise was a bit odd at first (in our old T5.1 Cali) but in the end I found it quite soporific - sort of like a whooshing ocean noise.

Back