Mann fake oil filter?

Lux

VIP Member
Hi all,

Just a quick one for those that use mann oil filters, wanting to know if this one I have bought might be fake? Come across a bit online about fake filters I had originally been using ryco but read mixed reviews so thought I'd try something different next oil change.

Main thing I'm concerned about is there is no plastic seal on the filter base unlike ryco who have plastic seals on theirs.

Photos attached

IMG_20221118_193317664.jpg

IMG_20221118_193322767.jpg

IMG_20221118_193339307.jpg

IMG_20221118_193343071.jpg

IMG_20221118_193346775.jpg

Looks normal to me... did you mean a film protector for the seal?

Yeh plastic film over the base of the filter.

Thank you for the replies, I think I looked into a bit too much and thought knowing my luck I've somehow got a fake!

I've used Mann filters off amongst other brands for decades, in all sorts of vehicles, never a problem with them, and I source through E.C.P. so extremely unlikely to be fakes.

It’s amazing what gets counterfeited these days but given the Mann filter elements are pretty cheap I doubt there is much profit margin in counterfeiting these.

Hi I have a question: oil filters... There used to be a thing bitd that cheap oil filters were missing a one way valve type thing, built in which stops the oil draining back down from above the filter. Why I ask is I have fitted a Mann filter and since when the van hasnt been started its a bit more rattly from the top end for the few seconds. Just wondered if its a thing?

Hi I have a question: oil filters... There used to be a thing bitd that cheap oil filters were missing a one way valve type thing, built in which stops the oil draining back down from above the filter. Why I ask is I have fitted a Mann filter and since when the van hasnt been started its a bit more rattly from the top end for the few seconds. Just wondered if its a thing?

I only just got around to installing the mann filter last night, haven't had any issues like that so far, been on a few drives. I had a Ryco before which seemed to work fine also.

Have you got the correct filter for your specific engine? If you look up the model filter you have on the mann website, it will tell you if it has the valve.

This is from the website for the filter I have, this is for a cfca model engine.

Screenshot_20230325-134022-329.png

Back