Airport Parking And Vans

Phil1855

Hi,
Has anyone parked their van at an airport car park while going away on holiday. We have a SWB T6 and intend to park at Birmingham outdoor parking for a week. (No height restriction).

However speaking to NCP at Birmingham Airport the guy said there are no issues with height as long as you fit into a bay, if you over hang etc expect a penalty notice.

Are we being optimistic ? Don't want to turn up on the day only to find we don't fit!

Phil

Hi,
Has anyone parked their van at an airport car park while going away on holiday. We have a SWB T6 and intend to park at Birmingham outdoor parking for a week. (No height restriction).

However speaking to NCP at Birmingham Airport the guy said there are no issues with height as long as you fit into a bay, if you over hang etc expect a penalty notice.

Are we being optimistic ? Don't want to turn up on the day only to find we don't fit!

Phil
Done it at the outdoor long stay at Manchester twice, no problems. As you say, they don’t take kindly to overhanging the marked bays so a LWB may be a problem but my SWB fitted no prob. Had the added advantage that I could park right against a lamppost on one occasion at the very edge of the bay, so was further away from the neighbouring car. The benefits of a rear sliding door :D

Was thinking about this the other day. Will be flying out of Gatwick long stay again next year and will most likely go down in my T6 lwb. No height restrictions but not sure on bay length. There are some pretty big cars/suv's on the roads so not expecting any issues. Might drop them an email to comfirm bay sizes.

I've parked at airports all round the country, lwb, and never had a problem.
My job takes me all over the place, and sometimes its easier to fly home, than to drive

Cheers both.
Was planning a Sunday run to the Carpark and using the free 20 min drop off allowance to see if I can fit. An £80 ticket at the end of a holiday would be a bummer !!

A T6 SWB is pretty much the same length as a big estate car - never had an issue getting it to fit into a standard space, but haven't tried B'ham airport.

Pete

I see the carparks everyday at work and they are nowhere near capacity at this time of year so would be a harsh ticket I think. I have seen plenty of T5 and T6s in the multistorey carpark that don't overhang.

I have parked in all of the indoor car parks at Birmingham and I fit under the height barriers with 50mm to spare. The bays both on the inside car parks and on car park 5 outside are all tight. As long as you are within the bay width wise you will be fine.

Thanks all, will chance it. Car park 5 outside seems the best bet, will just have to spend a little time finding the right bay. ;)

Phil

Park in Heathrow T5 long stay a lot and see plenty of LWB parked up. My concern is height and must get out measure mine properly now it’s lowered on different wheels etc. I see VW quote 1990mm for a standard van which seems pretty high to me. Am looking at a hotel with a height of 1950mm so could be tight.

Back