Lower or not..........

Pacswoman

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Wolfrace 255/45/20. Advice to lower or not pros and cons. All advise greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20220228_103913.jpg

Limited scope for lowering given the size of wheel you’re running. What are you looking to achieve? Handling? Comfort? Aesthetics?

There are several benefits to lowering the vehicle, providing that it's done properly; Improved handling, improved ride quality, reduction in body roll, reduction in dive under braking, improved aesthetics (or at least to those who like the lowered look), reduced overall height (which is important to some owners). There aren't really any cons when lowering a sensible amount.

@JOG is right though, with that tyre size there is limited scope for lowering before you get rubbing at the front end. That's a really big tyre size.

Limited scope for lowering given the size of wheel you’re running. What are you looking to achieve? Handling? Comfort? Aesthetics?
All 3 really. Also reducing its height as is used as an everyday vehicle and can be limited with height. Thinking of removing the roof bars too. Not something I will use.

Many of the advantages of lowering discussed here, such as flatter cornering, reduced dive under braking etc, can be achieved to some extent at standard height by upgraded shocks, I'm at factory height with Koni Active shock absorbers courtesy of @CRS Performance and I get a lovely comfortable ride with nice controlled handling. I can go over speed humps and over rough ground and I can get into low car parks, I don't get any significant dive under braking either, but then again, I drive it like I'm driving a, err, VAN! :slow rofl:

Back