Loud scraping sound

Lee

T6 Pro
I’ve had a strange issue with my van the past month or so, very intermittent, I’ll go a week or so with no issues then it will happen again….

Essentially, there’s a strange scraping sound from under the van, can last anything from 5 seconds to a couple of minutes, really loud, had someone in the van with me this morning and it happened, they we’re quite alarmed. It sounds like literally something has fallen off and is dragging on the road, that sound of screeching metal, I look under the van and all seems fine.

I had a mechanic take a very quick look when he did a four wheel alignment for me, was just a quick peak but he didn't notice anything obvious.

My van was converted to a campervan by reputable company, should I go back to them or is this something I need to go to VW with.

Also, out of interest, can anyone let me know what this is under the van (see attached image), thats the only thing I can see that looks flimsy, pretty sure that has nothing to do with it but it did make me wonder what it was.
image1.JPG

Thanks
Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a stone stuck between the brake disk and the metal guard behind it?

Thats exactly what the mechanic suggested before he did the four wheel alignment, I'm gonna call him again, we've had a lot of surface dressing on our roads, so it makes sense that it could be that.

That pic under your van looks like a liquid drain hose, looks like it's coming through a 'factory' hole so guessing it's a factory pipe
There are plenty of drain pipes dotted around doing everything from clearing water from window channels to aircon condense drains

Back