Lost keys sorted! Olympic Lock & Safeguards Ltd

So, if you lose a key do you have to reprogramme the spare/spares, cut new blades for them? And what’s happens to the lock barrel? Or is there another way to render the lost key useless? Not something I‘ve had to deal with so not familiar but interested to know what needs to be done If you lose a key. Thanks.

So, if you lose a key do you have to reprogramme the spare/spares, cut new blades for them? And what’s happens to the lock barrel? Or is there another way to render the lost key useless? Not something I‘ve had to deal with so not familiar but interested to know what needs to be done If you lose a key. Thanks.

The way I change physical locks on transporters is on an exchange basis, so i have an ignition lock i took off the last one i did that id fit to the van that needs changing, then alter the door locks to suit the new key as they come apart fairly easily. I can order brand new if preferred but reusing good condition second hand keeps cost down, and means it can be done quicker. Then cut brand new key blades then reprogram a working key if present and put a new one in along with it if customer wants one, erasing missing ones. If its all keys lost/stolen and we have no working key i take the clocks out and code new transponders on the bench, again erasing the missing ones.

Remotes are programmed seperatly on transporters upto about mid 19 of the top of my head, so important to remember to delete missing remotes too.

Back